The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 5:08:21 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 I Interviewed Billy Bob Thornton!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Thomas Lindley on the New Crockett Death Account Topic Next Topic: Alamo Sentry  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - August 17 2007 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On Tuesday, August 14th, I interviewed Billy Bob Thornton after his concert performance for my website, Alamo Sentry. www.alamosentry.com

I haven't had time to post more photos, or even put up the interview yet, as I am in Pennsylvania right now visiting family, but once I return home, I'll put em' up! As for now, I leave yall with a teaser. Enjoy:)

Oh, and yes, Billy Bob Thornton was great! He was kind and generous with his time and very enthusiastic and encouraging when it came to my questions about his role as David Crockett in THE ALAMO.

All the best,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2007 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade,
That is wonderful!!! I am just so proud of you!!!
Let us know when you get the interview up.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2007 :  6:54:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow definitely congrats Wade. I know you did a great job with the Interview. Thanks for telling us all and sharing the photos. I have never met anyone that famous.

Pst....did you ask him about Angelina??????(just kiddin')

IG

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 17 2007 :  7:04:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Kaylynn. I'll be sure to post the interview here when I return.

Hey Irishgirl. No, dared not to ask him about Angelina, but during the concert Billy Bob joked that she was the only wife who never needed the money. lol

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2007 :  8:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congrats, Wade!!!! That's a huge achievement and an honor to have him still down and spend some time with you. But you seem like a people person and have a way of charming everyone. That's a good thing! Can't wait to read the interview.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 17 2007 :  9:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! I bet Mr. Thornton was honored and thrilled to be interviewed by you!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - August 18 2007 :  12:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congrats, Dillon! You're off to a good start it sounds like!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 18 2007 :  09:14:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Way to go, Wade!! And, I second Irishgirl's comment - and I'm NOT kidding ... Did you ask him about Angelina????

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 18 2007 :  5:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Did you happen to notice any vials of blood on his person Wade..heehee

IG

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 23 2007 :  6:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I posted the interview at www.alamosentry.com

Check it out and tell me what you think.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2007 :  10:23:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great interview! At least 2 thumbs up!

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 24 2007 :  10:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh and no vials of blood. lol

www.alamosentry.com

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 24 2007 :  12:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I enjoyed seeing all those pics Wade and the story about women throwing their undies up on stage was just great. I can imagine him walking around with those attached.

Your persistence paid off in the end and you got the interview. You didn't give up and were rewarded for your efforts. I am very happy for you Wade and the Interiew was great. A job well done. Thanks for sharing.

IG

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - August 24 2007 :  9:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great interview!! I have to say, you had patience and a lot of it!!! But as you can see, it paid off. Hats off to ya!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 24 2007 :  10:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Great interview! That must have been intense!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - August 29 2007 :  12:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for the kind words. Again, I was very fortunate to have met him and even interview him. He was a genuine, cool guy and easy to get along with. And he's very easy to talk to. As soon as I approached him, we immediately jumped into conversation.

Anyway, I'm currently looking into interviewing actor Dennis Quaid, so, cross your fingers!

All the best,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2007 :  10:32:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh I like Dennis I do Wade. Good luck with getting that interview. My fingers are definitely crossed for you.

IG

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 29 2007 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I kick myself because back in the 80's I briefly met him but didn't get his autograph. They filmed a scene in my parent's resturant - though it ended up on the cutting room floor. It was in Bloomington, IN and the movie was "Breaking Away".

Good luck on the interview!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - February 22 2008 :  06:12:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The interview with Dennis Quaid fell through a long while back because of the unfortunate overdose of both of his twins. Hopefully, they are doing better!

As for interviews, I am currently persuing Patrick Wilson and Jason Patric. Wish me luck!

All the best,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com
  Previous Topic: Thomas Lindley on the New Crockett Death Account Topic Next Topic: Alamo Sentry  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07