The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/19/2024 2:04:23 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICANLAND: Community
 Bunkhouse Banter!
 Aaaaaaarrrrrrrr...............
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Karen W. birthday Topic Next Topic: And to you, my sweet GG ...  

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 19 2007 :  12:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's here again! Today is the Official Talk Like A Pirate Day!

Somewhere on these boards, we had a lot of fun with this topic a few years back. Just in case you don't know about this, check it out here:

Avast, Matey!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 19 2007 :  1:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well shiver me timbers matey. Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum...I didn't know that.....aaaaarrrrgggggg

IG
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 19 2007 :  2:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
ARRRGH! I must gather me plunder and invest in some hearty beverages!

www.alamosentry.com

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - September 19 2007 :  4:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye, matey. But I best not be catchin' ye makin' any "booty" jokes. (Which, really, is what Talk Like a Pirate Day is about, right?)

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - September 19 2007 :  4:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by RedFraggle

Aye, matey. But I best not be catchin' ye makin' any "booty" jokes. (Which, really, is what Talk Like a Pirate Day is about, right?)

Aaaarrrrgggggggg...........did someone mention booty????

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 19 2007 :  7:15:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Arrrrrrr matey! I shakes me booty every day!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - September 19 2007 :  7:23:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye! Shiver me timbers and swab me decks, mateys. We be goin' fer booty. Ye scurvy dogs'll not get a share, but---well, ye'd see yer capn's got the finest booty 'round, if I'd a care to op'n me treasure chest.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

By the by, I just took the pirate name generator quiz, and apparently my alter-pirate-ego is "Mad Anne Kidd." Here's a little bit about me, apparently: "Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!"

I'd say that's pretty much me to a tee.

Now, where be the ale? Yar!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - September 19 2007 :  7:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Aye Lassie, - that's some treasure chest you've got there!!

you can keep "The Change"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - September 20 2007 :  07:36:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It gets even better; yesterday was International Talk Like A Pirate Day & today is International Walk Like A Pirate Day! "If you talk the talk you must walk the walk." To walk like a pirate, you need one of three things: a peg leg, having your big toe bitten by a bilge rat, or (my personal fave) drop a live cod down your pants!

Light of the Moon
Mohicanland Statesman

Car in Fog
USA

December 18 2004

Posted - September 20 2007 :  4:43:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I missed it!

Never you mind that detail, darlin'! Pirates are notorious for breakin' the law! Madd Ann Kidd (RED) - that test is good as gol'!
I took it an learnt me ttotlappi results. Here it be:

You can call me Quartermaster, lass!
I'm the ship’s disciplinarian!

Says I'm a woman of action!
Here's what it say: "Gruesome, awful, delightful action. You mete out punishment to friend and foe alike – well, mostly to foe, because your burning inner rage isn’t likely to draw you a whole lot of the former. Still, though you may be what today is called “high maintenance” and in the past was called “bat-sh** crazy,” the crew likes to have you around because in a pinch your maniacal combat prowess may be the only thing that saves them from Jack Ketch. When not in a pinch, the rest of the crew will goad you into berserker mode because it’s just kind of fun to watch. So you provide a double service – doling out discipline AND entertainment.

That be scary guano there, for certain, argh!

An' if'n your wonderin' I ne'er liked shakin' me booty. I like to shimmy it clean off the boat!

I live in my own little world - but that's okay, they know me here!
  Previous Topic: Karen W. birthday Topic Next Topic: And to you, my sweet GG ...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07