The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/29/2024 10:31:45 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Towne Crier's Square
 Revising the LOTM Guide Book
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Sinking of the Radeau (Land Tortoise) Topic Next Topic: Eric Hurley Sighting ...  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 09 2008 :  11:26:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It is time for yet another revision of my now 11 year old guidebook [once a bookLET] to the locations of The Last of the Mohicans -- expanded to include bits and pieces of the cyber world that spawned from it.

I hope to have it in print sometime in 2009 - perhaps even late this year.

It won't be a major redoing, simply some updates [to reflect Chimney Rock Park being State owned, for example] and some relatively minor additions [ie: Gathering rosters, etc.]

If anyone has suggestions along these lines, I'm certainly interested in hearing them!

Once done, besides being available in print, it will be made accessible to all Mohican Board members as a free, downloadable .pdf. The current version is NOW, as a matter of fact, if you click on the "Downloads" link in the upper right corner of this page!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 22 2009 :  2:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Working on it! New edition ought to be ready within a month ...

No, the collage is not in it, but I had fun making it. Will put it somewhere on the web site.

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 23 2009 :  7:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Working on it! New edition ought to be ready within a month ...

No, the collage is not in it, but I had fun making it. Will put it somewhere on the web site.

Okay, maybe it's because I haven't been to a Gathering in many years...., but who is the hunk in the middle of the picture?

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 14 2009 :  1:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm in the photo, Caitlin --- somehow, I don't see the "hunk"!

That aside, I've uploaded the newly edited edition. If anyone here downloads it and sees any errors, PLEASE let me know --- PRONTO!!!
On The Trail Web Edition

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - March 14 2009 :  5:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, you write very well, - and that interview with Wes is great.

you can keep "The Change"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 22 2009 :  09:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One more minor revision after seeing the proof. The .pdf version in the download link [above] has been updated, as well. I changed the format to a compact web version for quicker downloading. Enjoy.

New version - in print - will be available in a week, or so.

Thanks for the compliment, MG!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 22 2009 :  11:21:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still love to see a Sunday morning post from the sachem!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 05 2010 :  12:05:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Updated once again ... very minor revision, but if you want the latest, it can be downloaded here: http://www.mohicanpress.com/extras/on_the_trail_of_the_last_of_the_mohicans.pdf You must be logged in.
  Previous Topic: Sinking of the Radeau (Land Tortoise) Topic Next Topic: Eric Hurley Sighting ...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07