The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 1:41:59 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The LIGHT IN THE FOREST
 The Lion's Den ... International & Political Debate
 Time To Draw The Line!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: An American Health Care Overhaul? Topic Next Topic: Stimulating Unemployment Numbers  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 06 2009 :  07:33:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
A friend and former Mohicanlander sent this my way this morning - I had heard of it on the radio a day or two ago:

========================================================

The president of our country is asking for the e-mail information of citizens who oppose his healthcare demands. Can you believe what is happening right before your eyes? Tell me this isn't something a communist dictator would do. After you see this, pass it on to everyone on your email list. This has to stop. The time will soon come when the American people will have to stand up and put an end to this.
Clabert

Subject: White House Website Asking for Informants on Anti-Healthcare Advocates

Please take the time to read this and pass it on to everyone you know. This is scary. The Whitehouse posted on one of their blogs yesterday asking the public to snitch on their fellow citizens by sending an email to White House staffers informing them of other Americans that oppose Obamacare. Word for word on whitehouse.gov... "There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we cant keep track of all of them here at the White House, we're asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov." If you don't believe me, check out the links below. It's under the first video of Linda Douglass on the whitehouse.gov.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/13391

====================================================

I felt so guilty, I turned myself in! Here is my e-mail - maybe you'll do the same!

Add me to your List!

This is unheard of. Hang your heads in shame.

This great Nation is being reduced to a rubble and you guys cant tolerate an OPEN dialog. You ought to be tracked, not us grass roots citizens who dare to speak our minds. Oh, is that still allowed?

Rich Federici
===================
Happy Trails!
http://www.mohicanpress.com
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 06 2009 :  08:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Absolutely beyond belief Rich, - but then again, considering who's in the WH, perhaps not. This is going out, - and be posted on a few other sites also - see you on "the list".

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 06 2009 :  09:33:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Speaking as someone who is also probably 'on the list' (and proudly so), I have to admit that I am not at all suprised at the Democrats use of this tactic. Left-Wing governments have always depended on coercion, lies and group-politics in order to continue their existence, and the modern 'American' Democratic Party is no different. Democrats only condone public dissent when their party is not holding the levers of government. Does anyone here remember Hillary's shrieking and howling about patriotism? She once said that it was patriotic to question the government, and to engage in open dissent; at least it was when Bush was president...

It is interesting to note that the use of informants in Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union was a way to notify their respective secret police forces of any 'enemies of the state'. The Nazis had their Gestapo, the Soviets had their GRU, and of course Obama has touted the creation of a 'Civilian National Security Force' (July 2, 2008). Now anyone with an I.Q. which exceeds the double-digits knows that such a police force is in direct violation of the U.S. Constitution, but the Cultural-Marxists of the DNC have never let that document stand in their way.

On the subject of the creation of such a 'National Security Force', it does make me wonder if a 'Night of the Long Knives' will occur within the ranks of 'Obamatons', much like what happened in 1934 when Hitler replaced his brown-shirted SA with the newly-created SS

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

halfbreed
Pioneer

June 18 2006

Posted - August 06 2009 :  6:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And what happened the last 8 years with wire taps and snooping on people's emails????? Like that patriot act do you?
h-b

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 06 2009 :  6:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One thing to defend this country after an attack, which both parties voted for - and quite another to attempt to socialize/take over about 17% of the economy.
Has anyone heard that IF this bill passes, - the government will have access by direct deposit to take money out of anyone's account???
Pg 58: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION HC Bill Government will have real-time access to individuals finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION HC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have DIRECT access to your BANK ACCOUNTS for electronic funds transfer. This means the government can go in and take your money right out of your bank account.

http://www.littlegreenfootballs2.com/2009/07/22/inside-the-health-care-bill-aka-hr3200/

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 06 2009 :  7:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by halfbreed

And what happened the last 8 years with wire taps and snooping on people's emails????? Like that patriot act do you?
h-b

Absolutely NO analogy there halfbreed ... none.

If you can't see the difference, there's not much I can say to enlighten you.

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - August 06 2009 :  8:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's my email...and what they are doing is illegal. Judges have looked at this and have stated so.

I've decided to save my friends the trouble of turning me in because I disagree with the proposed healthcare bill.

What you are asking people to do is beyond contempt. Since when is it illegal to disagree with politicians and elected officials? We do not need to be policed. You would think a "Community Organizer" would understand the concept of communities and towns organizing.

I love this country and am very fearful of the direction in which it is going.

Theresa Williams

Theresa

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 07 2009 :  07:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Absolutely excellent Theresa, - welcome to "the list". On another site, an individual reported he knew of someone lying about health care, and wanted them to know who it was - BO.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 07 2009 :  08:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
halfbreed said: And what happened the last 8 years with wire taps and snooping on people's emails????? Like that patriot act do you?

Judging from how you worded your question, you obviously know very little about the Patriot Act or domestic ELINT history, and when exactly private citizens e-mails were being 'snooped'. Now the following answer is not so much for you, since like the other little marxists I've encountered on this board, you will just sit there with guilty silence when presented the facts; or you will change the subject, like you just did from the last thread you commented on. So educating you would be a waste of my time; however, there others here who may be honestly curious about the answer, and this is more for them.

First off, the Patriot Act covered domestic communication with foreign I.P. servers and cell/landline telecoms, unlike the domestic e-mail snooping which started during the early years of the Clinton Administration under the codename 'Carnivore' (AKA- DCS1000) through the FBI & NSA. This program was discontinued in 2001, in favor of a commercially available program meant for tracking 'hot' words used in e-mails, IM's and/or telephonic comms like 'bomb', 'nuclear', 'president', etc. That program too was later abandoned, when someone with a brain discovered that terrorists may actually use euphanisms and code words which would evade detection, and instead they opted to focus on foriegn telephonic intercepts, and financial transactions to 'straw man' companies.

It is intersting to note that Clinton's Attorney General, Janet 'The Torch' Reno, put preasure on Microsoft to build a government accessible 'back-door' in their Windows 95 OS so that individuals computers could be 'snooped' without them knowing it. Now if you ever purchased your own OS software, you would have found on the box for Windows 95, a label which reads 'Not For Export'. Such a label would infer that the 'back-door' was meant for American users. Microsoft refused, and later paid the price through a series of vexatious monopoly lawsuits originating from the Clinton Justice Department (yep, you gotta love the tactics of Democrats, they make Al-Qadia look almost reasonable by comparison)

quote:
Mondnock Guide noted: One thing to defend this country after an attack, which both parties voted for - and quite another to attempt to socialize/take over about 17% of the economy.

MG, you might be wasting your time with H-B, since he obviously is nothing more than a 'Drive-By Poster', and cannot think beyond the buzzwords and catch phrases taught to him at 'Seminar Caller' school. Anytime someone like him says "I am not a Democrat", or "I have been a long time Republican, but...", the 'warning flag' should go up in your head that a 'Seminar Caller/Blogger' has entered the scene.

quote:
richfed added: Absolutely NO analogy there halfbreed ... none. If you can't see the difference, there's not much I can say to enlighten you.

You are right, Sachem, for such people do not let facts and/or logic get in the way of their ideology.

quote:
Theresa said: Here's my email...and what they are doing is illegal. Judges have looked at this and have stated so.

I like it, and you were more genteel about it than me, for here was mine:

"I will not waste the effort trying to convince a bunch of cretins like you people, of your folly. Instead, you might as well place my name on your list, and I'll start sewing a yellow Star of David on all of my clothes..."

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 07 2009 :  6:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Folks, whether you agree or disagree with "this change" - take the time to read the whole thing, - find out what's REALLY happening here!! ... This is Canadian/British health care with a new name, and it's name IS NOT choice!!! - It's totally rationed health care - the government decides on life or death, not the hospitals/doctors.
July 22
Inside the Health Care Bill, aka HR3200
Filed Under (Economy) by savage
July 22, 2009 at 3:02 pm

Here is the entire 1017 page Health Care Bill. There is a man by the name of Peter Fleckstein (aka Fleckman) who is reading it and has been posting on Twitter his findings. This is from his postings (Note: All comments are Fleckmans)

Pg 16: SEC. 102. PROTECTING THE CHOICE TO KEEP CURRENT COVERAGE. lines 3-26 of the HC Bill OUTLAWS PRIVATE INSURANCE by forbidding enrollment after HR 3022 is passed into law.

Pg 21-22: SEC. 113. INSURANCE RATING RULES of the HC Bill MANDATES the Government will audit books of ALL EMPLOYERS that self insure!!

Pg 29: SEC. 122. ESSENTIAL BENEFITS PACKAGE DEFINED: lines 4-16 in the HC bill YOUR HEALTHCARE IS RATIONED!!!

Pg 30: SEC. 123. HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE of HC bill THERE WILL BE A GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments/benefits you get.

Pg 42: SEC. 142. DUTIES AND AUTHORITY OF COMMISSIONER of HC Bill The Health Choices Commissioner will choose your HC Benefits for you. You have no choice!

PG 50-51: SEC. 152. PROHIBITING DISCRIMINATION IN HEALTH CARE in HC bill HC will be provided to ALL non US citizens, ILLEGAL or otherwise.

Pg 58: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATION HC Bill Government will have real-time access to individuals finances and a National ID Healthcard will be issued!

Pg 59: SEC. 163. ADMINISTRATIVE SIMPLIFICATIONHC Bill lines 21-24 Government will have DIRECT access to your BANK ACCOUNTS for electronic funds transfer. This means the government can go in and take your money right out of your bank account.

PG 65: SEC. 164. REINSURANCE PROGRAM FOR RETIREES is a payoff subsidized plan for retirees and their families in Unions and community orgs (ACORN).

Pg 72: SEC. 201. ESTABLISHMENT OF HEALTH INSURANCE EXCHANGE; OUTLINE OF DUTIES; DEFINITIONS Lines 8-14 Government is creating an HC Exchange to bring private HC plans under Government control.

PG 84: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS HC Bill Government mandates ALL benefit packages for private HC plans in the Exchange

PG 85: SEC. 203. BENEFITS PACKAGE LEVELS Line 7 HC Bill SPECIFICATION OF BENEFIT LEVELS FOR PLANS = The Government will ration your Healthcare!

PG 91: SEC. 204. CONTRACTS FOR THE OFFERING OF EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLANS Lines 4-7 HC Bill Government mandates linguistic appropriate services. Example Translation for illegal aliens!

Pg 95: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN HC Bill Lines 8-18 The Government will use groups i.e., ACORN & Americorps to sign up individuals for Government HC plan.

PG 102: SEC. 205. OUTREACH AND ENROLLMENT OF EXCHANGE-ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS AND EMPLOYERS IN EXCHANGE-PARTICIPATING HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN Lines 12-18 HC Bill Medicaid Eligible Individuals will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. No choice!

pg 124: SEC. 223. PAYMENT RATES FOR ITEMS AND SERVICES lines 24-25 HC No company can sue the GOVERNMENT on price fixing! No judicial review against Government Monopoly!!

pg 127: SEC. 225. PROVIDER PARTICIPATION Lines 1-16 HC Bill Doctors/ AMA The Government will tell YOU what you can make.

Pg 145: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Line 15-17 An Employer MUST auto enroll employees into public option plan. NO CHOICE!!

Pg 146: SEC. 312. EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY TO CONTRIBUTE TOWARDS EMPLOYEE AND DEPENDENT COVERAGE Lines 22-25 Employers MUST pay 4 HC 4 part time employees AND their families.

Pg 149: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 16-24 ANY Employer with payroll of $400k and above who does not provide public option pays 8% tax on all payroll.

pg 150: SEC. 313. EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS IN LIEU OF COVERAGE Lines 9-13 Businesss with payroll between $251k $400k who doesnt provide public option pays 2-6% tax on all payroll.

Pg 167: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 18-23 ANY individual who doesnt have acceptable HC according to Government will be taxed 2.5% of income.

Pg 170: SEC. 401. TAX ON INDIVIDUALS WITHOUT ACCEPTABLE HEALTH CARE COVERAGE Lines 1-3 HC Bill Any NONRESIDENT Alien is EXEMPT from individual taxes. (Americans will pay)

Pg 195: HC Bill SEC. 421. CREDIT FOR SMALL BUSINESS EMPLOYEE HEALTH COVERAGE EXPENSES Officers and employees of HC Administration (GOVERNMENT) will have access to ALL Americans financial and personal records!

PG 203: SEC. 441. SURCHARGE ON HIGH INCOME INDIVIDUALS Line 14-15 HC The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as tax Yes, it says that!

Pg 239: SEC. 1121. SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM Line 14-24 HC Bill Government will reduce physician services for Medicaid. Seniors, low income, poor affected.

Pg 241: SEC. 1121. SUSTAINABLE GROWTH RATE REFORM Line 6-8 HC Bill Doctors, doesnt matter what specialty you have, youll all be paid the same.

PG 253: SEC. 1122. MISVALUED CODES UNDER THE PHYSICIAN FEE

SCHEDULE Line 10-18 Government sets value of Doctors time, professional judgment, etc. Literally value of humans.

PG 265: SEC. 1131. INCORPORATING PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS INTO MARKET BASKET UPDATES THAT DO NOT ALREADY INCORPORATE SUCH IMPROVEMENTS. Government mandates and controls productivity for private HC industries.

PG 268: SEC. 1141. RENTAL AND PURCHASE OF POWER-DRIVEN WHEELCHAIRS. Federal Government regulates rental and purchase of power driven wheelchairs

PG 272: SEC. 1145. TREATMENT OF CERTAIN CANCER HOSPITALS Cancer patients welcome to rationing!

Page 280: SEC. 1151. REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL READMISSIONS The Government will penalize hospitals for what Government deems preventable readmissions.

Pg 298: SEC. 1151. REDUCING POTENTIALLY PREVENTABLE HOSPITAL READMISSIONS Lines 9-11 Doctors! Treat a patient during initial admission that results in a readmission? Government will penalize you.

Pg 317: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS Lines 13-20 OMG!! PROHIBITION on ownership and investment! Government tells Doctors what and how much they can own!

Pg 317-318: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS lines 21-25, 1-3 PROHIBITION on expansion Government is mandating hospitals cannot expand!

pg 321: SEC. 1156. LIMITATION ON MEDICARE EXCEPTIONS TO THE PROHIBITION ON CERTAIN PHYSICIAN REFERRALS MADE TO HOSPITALS Lines 2-13 Hospitals have option to apply for exception BUT community input required. Can you say ACORN?!!

Pg 335: SEC. 1162. QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS Lines 16-25 Pg 336-339 Government mandates establishment of outcome based measures. HC the way they want. Rationing

Pg 341: SEC. 1162. QUALITY BONUS PAYMENTS Lines 3-9 Government has authority to disqualify Medicare Advantage Plans, HMOs, etc. Forcing people into Government plan.

Pg 354: SEC. 1177. EXTENSION OF AUTHORITY OF SPECIAL NEEDS PLANS TO RESTRICT ENROLLMENT Government will RESTRICT enrollment of Special needs people! OMG! My sister has Downs Syndrome!!!

Pg 379: SEC. 1191. TELEHEALTH EXPANSION AND ENHANCEMENTS Government creates more bureaucracy Telehealth Advisory Committee Can you say HC by phone?

PG 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life

Pg 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 17-19 Government will instruct and consult regarding living wills, durable powers of attorney. Mandatory!

PG 425: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death!

PG 427: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 15-24 Government mandates program for orders for end of life. The Government has a say in how your life ends!

Pg 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 1-9 An advance care planning consultant will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

PG 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 10-12 advance care consultation may include an ORDER 4 end of life plans. AN ORDER from GOV

Pg 429: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 13-25 The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order.

PG 430: SEC. 1233. ADVANCE CARE PLANNING CONSULTATION Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

Pg 469: SEC. 1302. MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM Community Based Home Medical Services=Non profit organizations. Hello, ACORN Medical Services here!!?

Page 472: SEC. 1302. MEDICAL HOME PILOT PROGRAM Lines 14-17 PAYMENT TO COMMUNITY-BASED ORG. 1 monthly payment 2 a community-based org. Like ACORN?

PG 489: SEC. 1308. COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES The Government will cover Marriage and Family therapy. Which means they will insert Government into your marriage

Pg 494-498: SEC. 1308. COVERAGE OF MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPIST SERVICES AND MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR SERVICES Government will cover Mental Health Services including defining, creating, rationing those services

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 08 2009 :  1:25:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still think this is not a Government takeover????? What a great idea ...

From the House Ways and Means web site:

PELOSI: Buy a $15,000 Policy or Go to Jail
JCT Confirms Failure to Comply with Democrats Mandate Can Lead to 5 Years in Jail
Friday, November 06, 2009

Today, Ranking Member of the House Ways and Means Committee Dave Camp (R-MI) released a letter from the non-partisan Joint Committee on Taxation (JCT) confirming that the failure to comply with the individual mandate to buy health insurance contained in the Pelosi health care bill (H.R. 3962, as amended) could land people in jail. The JCT letter makes clear that Americans who do not maintain acceptable health insurance coverage and who choose not to pay the bills new individual mandate tax (generally 2.5% of income), are subject to numerous civil and criminal penalties, including criminal fines of up to $250,000 and imprisonment of up to five years.

In response to the JCT letter, Camp said: This is the ultimate example of the Democrats command-and-control style of governing buy what we tell you or go to jail. It is outrageous and it should be stopped immediately.

Key excerpts from the JCT letter appear below:

H.R. 3962 provides that an individual (or a husband and wife in the case of a joint return) who does not, at any time during the taxable year, maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for himself or herself and each of his or her qualifying children is subject to an additional tax. [page 1]

- - - - - - - - - -

If the government determines that the taxpayers unpaid tax liability results from willful behavior, the following penalties could apply [page 2]

- - - - - - - - - -

Criminal penalties

Prosecution is authorized under the Code for a variety of offenses. Depending on the level of the noncompliance, the following penalties could apply to an individual:

Section 7203 misdemeanor willful failure to pay is punishable by a fine of up to $25,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.

Section 7201 felony willful evasion is punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment of up to five years. [page 3]

When confronted with this same issue during its consideration of a similar individual mandate tax, the Senate Finance Committee worked on a bipartisan basis to include language in its bill that shielded Americans from civil and criminal penalties. The Pelosi bill, however, contains no similar language protecting American citizens from civil and criminal tax penalties that could include a $250,000 fine and five years in jail.

The Senate Finance Committee had the good sense to eliminate the extreme penalty of incarceration. Speaker Pelosis decision to leave in the jail time provision is a threat to every family who cannot afford the $15,000 premium her plan creates. Fortunately, Republicans have an alternative that will lower health insurance costs without raising taxes or cutting Medicare, said Camp.

According to the Congressional Budget Office the lowest cost family non-group plan under the Speakers bill would cost $15,000 in 2016.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - November 08 2009 :  2:45:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
This is one TOTALLY scary group of people, - individual liberty is TOTALLY foreign to them!! - Their only belief is in shoving government down everyone's throat, - one program after another. There's NEVER too much government for them. This bs, coupled with a coming attempt next year on "cap & trade" is beyond belief. Socialism on steroids!!! - Our only hope as a country is 2010, - and kick every single one of them out.

Previous Topic: An American Health Care Overhaul? Topic Next Topic: Stimulating Unemployment Numbers  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07