The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/24/2024 8:18:02 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Panhandling Time Again!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Once Again, Proving You Just Cant Please Em All! Topic Next Topic: A Couple Of New Functions On the Board  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 06 2009 :  09:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sorry ...

Is panhandling even allowed in Mohicanland??

Here's hoping it is ... Now that the the folks at Amazon have cut off all North Carolina vendors from their affiliate program, [due to the wonderful tax code we have here] funds have truly been lagging. No donations, book sales come & go ... Mohicanland is feeling the recession.

So, Christmas shopping, treating yourself ... ??? Whatever ... Visit the MOHICAN PRESS CAFE for a variety of items all Mohicanland-themed.

Your help is appreciated.
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 06 2009 :  10:18:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
...or you can click on the little button that says "Make A Donation."

Thanks for the reminder, Sachem!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 29 2010 :  4:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
<BUMP>

And it's not even Christmas Season ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 02 2010 :  06:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I really hate to get into this.

It's been month-to-month for a long time now. It is worse than ever. A couple of close calls already.

I don't know if it's the economy, politics, passage of time, or what. All I do know is that due to health issues [doctor bills], trying to keep two homes from foreclosure, and many other things, I just can't afford to keep Mohicanland afloat [though, somehow, I always manage to]. Not a single book sale since July 13th ... longest stretch I can remember.

The web site, as always, thrives. The Board .. well, not really ... and that was the community that kept it going.

Just not sure how much longer this can continue. I will try my best. But, it's like the little restaurant, D'lite's Eatery, here in town that had been my favorite lunch spot. The other day I went there for a bite and found the doors locked and this sign in the window:

Thank you for your loyalty and support. There just weren't enough of you.

Dave T
Pathfinder

August 11 2010

Posted - September 02 2010 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Rich.
Gulp.
I'll make a purchase later today. . . I could use a white polo shirt (with Mike Phillips upon it of course).
I may also know someone that wouldn't mind DDL on her clothing either. . .

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2010 :  07:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So I'm not the only one who's wondered what on earth has happened to this forum. Where IS everyone? Maybe we've all seen the movie too many times.

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 03 2010 :  07:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Too many times?? NEVER! There is no such thing. I'm actually overdue for a rewatch.

I think that many people are just moving on to other places. I find that I don't post as much because it seems that no one would be interested in what I might have to say. I don't enjoy discussing politics, as a general rule, and folks probably get bored with hearing about my re-enacting experiences all of the time.

We feed off of each other. (That doesn't sound too good, does it?) Sometimes all it takes is for someone to come on and post about something... anything... and a discussion can be sparked. I'll try to do better.

Rich... I'm off to click on that "Donate" button right now. Can't be much, as I just wrote out a big check to help finance my son's wedding. That's tomorrow, btw.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - September 03 2010 :  11:27:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Turns out I need a new mouse pad, - surprise, it's on the way.

you can keep "The Change"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 04 2010 :  09:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

folks probably get bored with hearing about my re-enacting experiences all of the time.

That's because you are a Brit. Now if you would switch to being French, well . . . .

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 04 2010 :  12:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, crisis averted this time, yet again ... Thank you Bookworm, Wilderness Woman, Monadnock Guide, and Dave T. for your immediate assistance!!!!!! Dances With Beagles and Patrick for help just prior ...

As MG and Dave T. did, the CafePress Store [link in first post of this thread] is a great way to support the site.

Now ... if only the book sales pick up ... I am hopeful that the BluRay release upcoming next month will provide a stimulus.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2010 :  10:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Website fund benefit auction! Click the link: http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/auction_item.asp?intAuctionID=1
Donations are always nice, but I thought an auction for the website fund would be fun also. Up for auction is a size Large 2010 Great Mohican Gathering t-shirt, designed and donated by Sharon Hurley. I will offer free shipping to the high bidder, so bid now! To see the t-shirt, check out the Gathering photos to see several of us modeling them. The image on the back of the shirt is shown near the bottom of the Gathering page. I have to say this is one of the best t-shirts we've had, so don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of LOTM and Gathering history while helping out this website as well.
http://www.mohicanpress.com/2010_gathering.html

PS to Rich: Thanks for the auction feature and the suggestion!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2010 :  1:11:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I just want to add that these are VERY NICE quality T-shirts!! I love the way it feels to wear!!! Sharon out-did herself once again!

GG

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 05 2010 :  7:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Website fund benefit auction! Click the link: http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/auction_item.asp?intAuctionID=1
Donations are always nice, but I thought an auction for the website fund would be fun also. Up for auction is a size Large 2010 Great Mohican Gathering t-shirt, designed and donated by Sharon Hurley. I will offer free shipping to the high bidder, so bid now! To see the t-shirt, check out the Gathering photos to see several of us modeling them. The image on the back of the shirt is shown near the bottom of the Gathering page. I have to say this is one of the best t-shirts we've had, so don't miss out on this opportunity to own a piece of LOTM and Gathering history while helping out this website as well.
http://www.mohicanpress.com/2010_gathering.html

PS to Rich: Thanks for the auction feature and the suggestion!

You're welcome!

And, I am glad that someone finally utilized the feature, because I wasn't sure it would work properly. In fact, turns out it didn't -- but, I think it is fixed now. Bid away ... we'll see.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 05 2010 :  8:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, If you're referring to the image not showing, I think that was my fault. I figured you must have fixed it, and if so, thanks! Yep, we'll see!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 10 2010 :  07:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
2010 Gathering Shirt Auction

One more day to go ...

quote:
Rich, If you're referring to the image not showing, I think that was my fault. I figured you must have fixed it, and if so, thanks! Yep, we'll see!

I did fix the picture, but there was also some code problem whereby no one could actually bid on the shirt. Not good. Fixed now ...

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 13 2010 :  4:15:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Congratulations to Patrick, who placed the winning bid on the 2010 LOTM Gathering t-shirt! Thank you Patrick, for your donation to the website and as always, for your enthusiasm.
I think this auction feature could be kind of fun... anyone else want to try it?

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 04 2010 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Patrick Quinn has been this board's savior! Thank you, Patrick!!

powerdude
Pathfinder

indian warrior 4
USA

July 05 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 04 2010 :  3:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Send powerdude an ICQ Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Greetings Rich,

If you are talking about my continued donations for the site, no problem. I get a lot from this website environment even though I do not post much. I hope this site continues to go beyond. Thanks for your comment.

With Honor,

Patrick Q

Previous Topic: Once Again, Proving You Just Cant Please Em All! Topic Next Topic: A Couple Of New Functions On the Board  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.5 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07