The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 9:17:25 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The LOTM Locations
 Cameron's Cabin site for sale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Blue Ridge Parkways 75th Anniversary Topic Next Topic: Where is this falls  

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 22 2009 :  10:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone needs to buy this, build a cabin and that can be our headquarters for future Gatherings! Come on, anyone got a little extra change in the couch cushions?
http://www.beverly-hanks.com/search/detail/380557
report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - November 22 2009 :  7:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So this was where some filming took place? And the real estate agent's name is Alice?

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - November 22 2009 :  8:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
If I could only find my check-book, ...

you can keep "The Change"

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 22 2009 :  8:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LOL Fitz, I noticed that too. Say nothing to Alice...

Kan-Tuck-EE
Pioneer

Chingachgook

December 31 2008

Posted - November 22 2009 :  9:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow! When I first saw the taxes price of $4000 or so I thought "Hey I could afford that!" Then I realized that was the yearly taxes. :( more than a million bucks?????? Too bad....I was going to pack my bags! :)

Kan-Tuck-EE

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - November 23 2009 :  12:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I watched LOTM tonight (was on BBC) and tried to pick out the location from the real estate pics. Nothing quite matched up for me. Guess I need more pics.

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 23 2009 :  07:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz I trespassed, errr... visited in person and believe me, especially in November, nothing matched for me either.

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - November 23 2009 :  08:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great pics, this would make a perfect site for a log cabin. Oh, to have a million dollars right now! And I love how the description says a 4wd is a must. Love it!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 23 2009 :  12:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Fitz I trespassed, errr... visited in person and believe me, especially in November, nothing matched for me either.

It has been a very long time since I have been up there, but, if memory serves correctly, there were two cleared "fields" up there. The first appears to be where the realtor shots are taken. I can remember, on my first visit, thinking that this was not the place. Second try, I went a little further, and there she was!!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 23 2009 :  1:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rich. I was hoping you would chime in. I actually had both guidebooks with me, one of which contains this picture, and "I saw nothing" that would lead me to believe I was in the right place. I looked specifically for this tree. I wondered about a 2nd clearing, but didn't venture furthur than the 1st because the trail was horribly grown over (even this time of year) and barely seemed passable. Maybe with some reinforcements I can try again sometime. Thanks for the info!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 23 2009 :  2:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I drove into a ditch that was covered with overgrowth way back then. Might be even worse now?? Be careful. IT IS there, though. [the view, that is; perhaps the tree is gone] Keep a-lookin'!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - November 23 2009 :  3:07:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Stephanie

Maybe with some reinforcements I can try again sometime. Thanks for the info!

If you do decide to go back with " reinforcements", please let me know.

Previous Topic: Blue Ridge Parkways 75th Anniversary Topic Next Topic: Where is this falls  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07