The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 11:59:54 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 Any Other Military Encounters - 1492 - Present
 Don't give up the ship!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The Last One.... Topic Next Topic: Normandy, - lest we forget, ...  

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 08 2010

Posted - January 11 2011 :  5:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 200th anniversary just passed...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SHIPWRECK_DISCOVERED?SITE=TXDAM&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - January 11 2011 :  6:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, I had read that also, - "interesting find" doesn't describe it. It could well be Perry's ship, and probably is. In the unlikely event it isn't, what (who's) warship is it??? ... I'm sure there's going to be more news about this find in the near future. Good post, ...

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

May 08 2010

Posted - January 12 2011 :  6:57:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, MG.

And, I agree with you. I read on another news site how an expert in the field hopes that the divers did their homework as far as the trajectory of the ship's sinking goes in order to better locate the actual wreckage. However, the divers, who seem to be well versed in its history, say it's the only ship with canons ever recorded being sunk in that area. I hope they find their proof. What a historic treasure....

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: The Last One.... Topic Next Topic: Normandy, - lest we forget, ...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07