The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/28/2024 5:28:14 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The New Deal!
 Maintainence on the Mohican Board Upcoming!!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: TEST Topic Next Topic: Windows 8 Consumer Preview  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 05 2013 :  4:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK ... I think I have made up my mind. The board will be upgraded to the latest Snitz code, providing some enhancements, but MOSTLY closing security holes. The transfer-over process will only take minutes to an hour, but many of the features I installed over the years will be missing. That is a good thing, partly. Many of the features were not utilized by forum members [slowing the reading operations of the software] and/or were old with major security issues.

It will take me some time to get it all back as I want it, but a functioning forum will be here. First things I will work on will be mostly aesthetic, so that the board quickly regains its appearance.

Right off the bat, these modifications WILL be functional, as I was fortunate enough to locate code with them already installed: Active Users, PM, Avatars, Polls, Event Calendar, Merge/Split Topics, Attachments

Everything else will be either trashed or reinstalled, one-by-one.

When I first start, the forum will be gone [don't worry, it's all backed up should I meet with disaster]. That will be a very brief time. It will then come back with parts missing ... but it should still work. As I said, I will try to get the look back first, then add functionality in the order I deem most important.

The database will remain intact, so no posts or other info will be lost. [I hope]

OK - when I start is as yet undetermined. I haven't been feeling well the past 5 weeks and it is difficult for me to concentrate for any amount of time. Might be later; might be in 2 weeks.

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 05 2013 :  6:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tinkered ... more difficulty than I thought. You may notice me going back & forth. You ALSO will probably have to reset your password. I did.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 05 2013 :  6:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
At this point I have no idea what my password is, ... probably use a new one. In any case, .. good luck, ...

you can keep "The Change"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 05 2013 :  9:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, not to worry, I put it all back together as it was, for now. Was running in to too many problems. Maybe another day when I'm feeling better! Ha Ha!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 16 2013 :  11:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad to see things still chugging along. Hoping to spend more time here over the summer. My travel schedule is slowing way down - THANKS BE!!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 18 2013 :  2:48:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think I've decided to leave the Board as it is. Too many issues; too few of the modifications are still available; too few brain cells left to do it! Good to see you, GG!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - May 19 2013 :  12:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't go tryin' to fix somethin' that ain't broke!!!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 19 2013 :  04:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello GG, - indeed, do stop by more often, ...

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - May 19 2013 :  10:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
She is always on Facebook, especially on Friday.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 19 2013 :  5:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Fitz, - nice to know, but I don't have a Face Book account & don't see one in my future, ... ;)

Previous Topic: TEST Topic Next Topic: Windows 8 Consumer Preview  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07