The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 6:31:15 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Towne Crier's Square
 Time to Move! [Edit: NOT!!!]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Hello & Greetings :) Topic Next Topic: Sad News  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 30 2013 :  7:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Over the next couple to three days, this website will be moved to a server run by Network Solutions that will cost significantly less per month than what we are currently paying. Being a retiree now, it was a move I had to make.

Past instances have taught me that it sometimes can take a while - longer in some places than in others - for the domain name to point to the new home and fully resolve itself. So, be patient. They say it'll be done by end of business on Thursday the 1st of August. Allowing another 2 days for dns issues to resolve, and I would expect it to be fully functional by Saturday

I coitenly hope so! Probably, getting the message board databases in place will be the trickiest, but these guys have been in business a long time and are professionals. We registered our domain name, mohicanpress.com, with them back in the beginning.

The good news is that this will allow the site to remain on the Internet for the foreseeable future, and I like that!!

So, be on the lookout! Maybe they'll be so good it'll be seamless and we won't even notice. I doubt it!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - July 31 2013 :  07:39:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for everything Rich, - see you when it's back it's back up & running, ...

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

James N.
Colonial Militia

James N
USA

October 24 2007

Posted - July 31 2013 :  3:15:18 PM  Show Profile  Send James N. a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll look for it - Hopefully the same link will still work? If not, I guess we can just Google mohicanpress.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 31 2013 :  5:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, that fell through. What they promised is not what they were going to deliver. I am so pissed off right now!! I have a hoarse voice from yelling on the phone

James ... if the site ever moves, it will always point to mohicanpress.com - you'll just go there automatically.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 01 2013 :  09:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, have you ever looked into a company called Netfirms.com ? That's who I use and I get what I think is a good deal.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 01 2013 :  10:29:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Where's your site Fitz???

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 01 2013 :  1:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I maintain the scrangers.com web site and have an old one under fitzhughwilliams.com. The Ranger's site is mainly for event listings.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 01 2013 :  2:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good music & Roper Mountain looks great, ...
http://www.fitzhughwilliams.org/scrangers/rightside.html
A couple of excellent sites Fitz, ... thx.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 04 2013 :  11:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz - Problem there is that it doesn't support ASP coding or an MS-SQL database - both of which drive this message board. Thanks, though.

BUT ...

Some great news from my current, long-term host, PlanetHosting:

Hi Rich, we carefully considered your comments and descriptions. We

discussed it and we value you're loyalty to us over the years and

because of that and your situation we would like to offer you

$15/month billed quarterly for your current hosting setup.

--

Thank you,

Problem solved --- best news I have had in a very long time! Yippie!!!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - August 04 2013 :  2:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Shows their priorities are in the right place even if their grammar is lacking.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - August 04 2013 :  4:42:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good news indeed Rich, ...

Previous Topic: Hello & Greetings :) Topic Next Topic: Sad News  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07