The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 8:25:07 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 Eric Schweig
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Big Screen Showing of LOTM at the NC Museum of History! Topic Next Topic: Osama Bin Laden & LOTM - What might they have in common?  

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - June 12 2015 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Eric Schweig on an episode of Elementary last night. Not sure I would have recognized him without seeing his name on the credits. He looks sort of like a Native Steven Seagal.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 12 2015 :  09:28:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Schweig was born in Inuvik, Northwest Territories. He is of mixed race (Inuvialuk, Chippewa, Dene, German, Portuguese). He is the oldest of seven children, who were all adopted out as part of the Canadian government's failed attempt at assimilating Inuit and First Nations children into Caucasian society. Schweig's biological mother died of alcoholism in 1989. He never met her. "She didn’t drink a drop of alcohol until we were taken away," says Schweig. "We were part of the whole assimilation program—forcibly taken away, although my adoptive parents told me I wasn't."[2] Schweig was adopted at birth by an English speaking German-French family.[3] He spent his childhood in Inuvik until he was six, when his family moved to Bermuda. They later moved back to Canada.
Eric ran away to Toronto, Ontario, where he supported himself by framing houses. In 1985, he was part of the cast of The Cradle Will Fall, an experimental adaptation of Frank Wedekind's Spring Awakening produced by Theatre of Change at the Actor's Lab; this was his first experience as an actor. In 1987, at twenty years old, he was approached by a producer who suggested he audition for a role in the movie called The Shaman's Source (1990). With little formal education or experience he won the role. The film launched his career in the film industry.

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 13 2015 :  12:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw that episode a few months ago, Fitz. Was surprised to see him, but I did recognize him. Was good to "see" him again!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 13 2015 :  5:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I wish I had been at the Gatherings when he was there. And when Wes Studi was there. But that was before my time.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
  Previous Topic: Big Screen Showing of LOTM at the NC Museum of History! Topic Next Topic: Osama Bin Laden & LOTM - What might they have in common?  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.26 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07