The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 3:32:04 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The LIGHT IN THE FOREST
 In the News ...
 Heads up Rich - bear attack near Asheville ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Facebook et al ... Topic Next Topic: Leaked video of Google execs to Trumps election  

Monadnock Hiker
Colonial Militia

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 31 2017

Posted - September 24 2018 :  10:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218905580.html
Rhegness told Asheville ‘s WLOS that she tried to get into her car to flee the bear, but didn’t make it. She said she ran up the walkway into her home with the animal still after her.

“I surely thought if I didn’t go inside, I would be certainly savaged, if not dead. As it was, you know, I was injured,” Rhegness, who was bloody and lacerated after the incident, told the TV station. “But it could’ve been much worse. I mean, if I had not gotten up and gotten in my house, I think it would’ve been much worse.”

report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 25 2018 :  08:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich can just grin him down.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 29 2018 :  2:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is that time of year. Maybe 3 or 4 years ago, I was on my way to Asheville driving west on I-40. Something caught my attention in my peripheral vision. I looked in my rearview mirror just in time to see a black bear coming from the divider right into westbound traffic. A car did hit it, but it seemed to roll with the punch. Looked pretty healthy as it scampered off into the woods. I think maybe that bear finally found the place that housed its attacker. It was a revenge attack. :-)
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: Facebook et al ... Topic Next Topic: Leaked video of Google execs to Trumps election  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.22 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07