The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 11:38:32 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The LIGHT IN THE FOREST
 In the News ...
 The Virus - what else??? ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Virus info .... Topic Next Topic: 4th Of July 2019 ...  

Monadnock Hiker
Colonial Militia

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 31 2017

Posted - March 26 2020 :  4:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
https://www.wmur.com/article/live-at-3-sununu-gives-update-on-covid-19/31941704
CONCORD, N.H.
Gov. Chris Sununu is telling all Granite Staters to stay home and ordering nonessential businesses to close in an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19.
The stay-at-home order will take effect Friday night at 11:59 p.m., Sununu said. Nonessential businesses must close by the end of Friday, he said.

Sununu noted that this is not an order to shelter in place, something he said he does not have the authority to do. He said no one's prevented from leaving their homes, transportation isn't shutting down, and the state's borders are not closed. All state beaches on the Seacoast will also be closed effective Friday night.
Hope both of you guys & anyone else checking on the board stay safe & healthy.
report to moderator

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - March 27 2020 :  06:57:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I saw that Fort at #4 is closed until July 1.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Hiker
Colonial Militia

August 31 2017

Posted - March 27 2020 :  09:26:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know Fitz, - you beat me to it. - I usually check their site quite a bit ... but haven't for a few days. I can't say I'm surprised, - but definitely disappointed. - Was hoping for an early May event - like last year, when I met some folks you knew from other events south of here. (Can't think of her name right now - but you know who I mean)

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - March 28 2020 :  07:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I learned about the closing from Lynn White, who is the secretary of the Pequawket Alliance. I am a member of that group and have been since 2006. I used to see them every year until 2012 when I had to stay at home due to some heart problems. I keep saying I will get back next year, but then something happens to foil those plans. The best I can do now seems to be the event at Fort Frederick, MD in August. It is only an 8-hour drive, whereas Ticonderoga or Crown Point are more like 16 hours. Those last 8 hours come hard these days!

Monadnock Hiker
Colonial Militia

August 31 2017

Posted - March 28 2020 :  2:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sorry to hear about your health problem Fitz - take care & best of luck. - If you do make it to Fort Frederick this year - post a few pics.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 28 2020 :  2:46:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
All is well here - not that much change in my "routine" than would be usual. Be well everyone!

Monadnock Hiker
Colonial Militia

August 31 2017

Posted - March 28 2020 :  3:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You know Rich - I never used to think so, ... but lately it seems "time really does speed up" ... Hope you're well too.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - March 29 2020 :  06:17:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The heart problems were fixed 7 years ago with 5 bypasses. They did a really good job. Now it is just the "getting older" thing to deal with. But my wife has some issues and I really can't leave her alone for extended periods of time, like the 10 days it would take to go to Louisbourg and back. But like I said, Fort Frederick is quite a place.

Previous Topic: Virus info .... Topic Next Topic: 4th Of July 2019 ...  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07