The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 1:10:02 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Adorable Ariel's Auction Area
 Ariel Photo [WARNING: Could Be Upsetting]
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: People with BIG hearts!!! Topic Next Topic: Just in from Eric Schweig  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 26 2003 :  10:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Image Insert:

26.36 KB
Ariel after unsuccessful surgery to place "eyes" into the sockets.

Upsetting, I know. But, this is why she's our Gathering "mascot."

Please help! Contact: Jayne!

2004 Gathering Info!
report to moderator

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 27 2003 :  08:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh... what a dear little one! How pretty she is!

Does anyone know... why was the surgery unsuccessful? What happened?
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 27 2003 :  1:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Due to old age creeping in - not to mention failing memory - [this is ME I'm talking about, not little Ariel!!!] - I cannot remember for certain. I know her Dad, Garnett, told me in an E-mail a while back. Seems to me, best I can recollect, they just wouldn't hold - popped out! Maybe the sockets were cracked? ... Oh, Jayne? Do you remember?!?

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - October 29 2003 :  8:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,

If this picture was from the surgery this past summer, the explanation from her dad follows:

"Ariel's eye Dr. started with the tissue expanders on June 10th. These things start out really small and then with moisture they grow to a good sized marble. With the first surgery they had sewn her eyelids closed for the expanders to do the maximum. Things were going so well until one of the stitches tore through her eyelid. So when they did the second step on June 24th they did not sew the eyelids closed to give the torn one time to heal. Therefore the left one fell out before we left the hospital and the right one fell out at home when she had a nap. On the Friday that week Ariel's occultist tried to put in hard conformers( like spacers) but they kept popping out too. We are waiting for another surgery date to continue."

Jayne

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2003 :  08:12:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK... I understand now. Thanks, Jayne. I hope that the next surgery will be successful.

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 22 2003 :  11:14:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Poor Baby!!! I am so sorry that the first operation wasn't successful, but I will be praying that the next surgery is successful!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

LittleOne
Pathfinder

Native Turtle
Canada

April 23 2004

Posted - April 24 2004 :  1:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
oh poor baby! I hope she isn't in pain! God bless her! oh the poor little thing..I see how lucky i am when i look at her. I pray that she isn't in pain the whole precidure makes it sound so!

~Sincerely yours, the littleOne "Tetanktitit"
  Previous Topic: People with BIG hearts!!! Topic Next Topic: Just in from Eric Schweig  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07