The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/23/2024 6:42:39 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 Any Other Military Encounters - 1492 - Present
 Frontier: The Decisive Battles
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Indian Naval Operations and Vengeful Women, 1677 Topic Next Topic: Horseshoe Bend  

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Posted - August 29 2002 :  08:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This four-part sequel to Frontier: Legends of the Old Northwest chronicles the American settlers' efforts to move westward beyond the original colonies.

All of these are on the History Channel and all times are 6 am Eastern, 5 am Central, 4 am Mountain, and 6 am Pacific. I know these are extrememly early...set your VCR.

September 2---Blackhawk's War---This episode examines the struggle between frontier settlers and native tribes from Illinois to Wisconsin.

September 3---Battle for King's Mountain---This episode examines this decisive southern battle of the Revolutionary War between undisciplined frontiersmen and the expertly trained British military.

September 4---Battle of Fallen Timbers---This episode recounts the battle between American troops led by "Mad" Anthony Wayne and a group of Ohio tribes led by Little Turtle and his British advisors.

September 5---Battle of New Orleans---This episode explores the battle led by Andrew Jackson against a massive British fleet for the port of New Orleans during the winter of 1814-1815.

Theresa
report to moderator

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2002 :  12:12:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've watched the sequel episodes to "Frontier", and I enjoyed them very much. I found that the shows' producers did not lower their standards (unlike most sequels) and it was a plesant suprise.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 18 2002 :  9:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I understand that the sequel set is available at the Historystore.com

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 20 2002 :  5:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It is too bad that the History Channel offers such a limited F&I selectionEM

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 21 2002 :  12:08:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Give them time, captain, the closer to '04 we get the more the interest in the subject will wax.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 21 2002 :  6:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
God,so long as it doesn't wane.

Capt.John Graham
Cmdr.42nd Highlanders

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2002 :  03:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is where folks like you, Seamus, Malcom, and myself come in. it is our job to 'drum up' interest in the period, by how we portray our respective peronas.

Your Humble NCO,

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Previous Topic: Indian Naval Operations and Vengeful Women, 1677 Topic Next Topic: Horseshoe Bend  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.23 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07