The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/25/2024 5:10:32 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Cora's Coming Out ... A REAL Weekly Update!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: A Couple of Cheerio Good E-mails! Topic Next Topic: Is he ... or, isnt he ...
Page: of 2

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 25 2005 :  10:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
On Tuesday I was down from 173 lb to 166 ... Probably lost a few more since ...

Anyway, back on topic before this ends up as a "split" topic!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 25 2005 :  11:54:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
... and what better way to get it back on track than this E-mail I just received from Madeleine Stowe:

Good morning, Rich
I'm so sorry you haven't kicked this thing, yet. I received your book and it is a delight. It's so meticulous. Thank you for this memento. [bold added by RF] My trip has been delayed for perhaps a week or so. So I am here and will be happy to conduct the interview when you like.
I'll go downstairs, today and hunt up a photo or two. Not sure what I have.
Let me know what you want to do.
Madeleine

The book part thrills me to no end!

Interview no later that tomorrow afternoon ...

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2005 :  12:01:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well that's the ultimate compliment! WOW! And anyone who has the book would have to agree that it's a job very well done. That should make you feel better!
Stephanie

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 25 2005 :  2:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
All of the good questions have been asked, but maybe she can settle the ongoing debate as to whether Uncas and Alice were supposed to be in love with each other in the movie, or did MM want to leave that to the interpretation of the audience? I think that it is the latter, but maybe she knows.
You can also ask her how the heck she stays so young looking!!! I watched "Saving Milly" and she is as young and beautiful as she was in LOTM!!! After 13 years, she is supposed to age a little!!!
Does she have a personal involvement with the fight to find a cure for Parkinson's disease? If so, is that why she decided to portray Milly Kondracke? Tell her that she did a wonderful job as usual!
That's it for now. BTW, I was just joking about asking her how she stays so young looking, but in my opinion, she hasn't aged!!!

Love,
Kay

PS It is great that she paid you such a wonderful compliment about your book!!!

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 25 2005 :  9:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi, Rich,

As Madeleine Stowe - and others - have expressed,
quote:
I'm so sorry you haven't kicked this thing, yet.
and I do hope that you are soon on the road to recovery.

All of the questions that have been submitted are excellent & I look forward to reading your complete interview with Madeleine Stowe - "What an adven'cha!" You must be SO EXCITED!!!

I am a fan of Ms. Stowe & her work but since this thread is devoted to her role in LOTM, I would just like to express to her how absolutely marvelous she was in the role of Cora Munro. She was absolute perfection & I cannot imagine anyone else ever bringing the life, the fire & the emotions to this role in the way that she did.

If I could let her know one thing, I would like to tell her that whenever I watch this movie, it is through HER (Cora's) eyes. From the moment that Cora first sees Hawkeye, when he & Chingachcook & Uncas come to their rescue, I don't have to wonder about what Cora is feeling because I feel it myself, through Ms. Stowe's performance. When Hawkeye says, "I'm looking at you, Miss" and we are then treated to that marvelous range of emotions that pass across Cora's face, I can feel what has gone unsaid between them because of the way in which that scene is portrayed. When Hakweye promises Cora that, "I will find you! No matter how long it takes, no matter how far - I will find you!" I can feel Cora's heart breaking as he leaps through the falls into the river below. When Cora reacts with shock and disbelief as she watches Alice fall from the cliff, I sob every time, right along with Cora.

But by far, my favorite scene is "The Kiss." As I have publicly stated here many times before...I don't know how much Michael Mann paid Ms. Stowe to shoot THAT scene, but I would GLADLY have done it for FREE - and I don't care HOW many times we had to shoot it to "get it right!"

I simply cannot wait to read her interview with you!!!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

Kathy S
Lost in the Wilderness

USA

June 26 2002

Posted - March 31 2005 :  01:49:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, I'm really looking forward to this interview. Questions to ask? Did she feel the film was snubbed at the Oscars? Does she think Alice was weak? Was it her impression Alice and Uncas were "in love"? Madeleine was excellent in Saving Milly, Does she want to do more TV, or was that an exception for her? Was that chemistry between DDL and Madeleine just great acting, or are some actors more naturally in tune with other, resulting in more believable performances? Just some suggestions.

Get well, Rich.

Kathy

Beseder
Lost in the Wilderness

September 14 2005

Posted - September 14 2005 :  9:28:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
having said that, it is irksome that you would insist upon confirming my veracity, when it is YOUR website publishing somebody else's crude speculation. Particularly when Soldier #2 admits we barely ever said two words to each other. THAT is irresponsible and indefensible on your behalf.

One of the things I enjoyed about Ms. Stowe's performance of Cora's character is how much of a lady she is under any kind of pressure. It seems the same is true in real life as well. :)

Beseder

Beseder

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 15 2005 :  06:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
TRUE!

pala
Pathfinder

AI
USA

November 14 2003

Posted - February 10 2006 :  2:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have a question for Madeline Stowe, How come her character and Steven Waddington's Character "Major Heyward" didn't go anywhere as far as on the love front? Why did she have to choose that--to me dull Daniel Day Lewis. Sorry I'm A HUGE MAJOR HEYWARD FAN. I LOVE YOU DUNCAN!!! Why she had to treat Heyward so mean?

"I saw nothing that would lead me to the conclusion that it was other than a raid by savages bent on thievery." --Major Heyward

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - February 10 2006 :  7:16:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Maybe she don't go for the tame ones...

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - July 07 2006 :  10:16:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Really enjoyed your interview with Ms.Madeleine Stowe.
She sounds like quite a lady besides being a fine actress.

http://rumpingproductions.org/
"Kentucke, situated on the fertile banks of the great Ohio, rising
from obscurity to shine with splendor, equal to any other of the
stars of the American hemisphere." ...... John Filson

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 08 2006 :  08:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pala

I have a question for Madeline Stowe, How come her character and Steven Waddington's Character "Major Heyward" didn't go anywhere as far as on the love front? Why did she have to choose that--to me dull Daniel Day Lewis. Sorry I'm A HUGE MAJOR HEYWARD FAN. I LOVE YOU DUNCAN!!! Why she had to treat Heyward so mean?

Dull, how could you call Nathaniel dull when Duncan was the stuck up, arrogant fool. Cora could envision what a dull, boring, snobbish life she would have if she married this git. Also, and a very important one here, she was not in love with the twit. He looked like a ghost and was not handsome at all. Nathaniel was handsome, brave, strong, smart and she would have a fun, exciting life with him on the frontier. True, there would be more danger but with Nathaniel to protect her, she did not have to worry too much about that. Imagine their kids would be so gorgeous too. Duncan's would be albino's. Sorry, but I am not a fan of Duncan.

IG

Lady of Glencairn
Colonial Settler

Prison Break - Sara Tancredi
South Africa

May 29 2004

Posted - July 10 2006 :  06:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lady of Glencairn's Homepage  Click to see Lady of Glencairn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Dull, how could you call Nathaniel dull when Duncan was the stuck up, arrogant fool. Cora could envision what a dull, boring, snobbish life she would have if she married this git. Also, and a very important one here, she was not in love with the twit. He looked like a ghost and was not handsome at all. Nathaniel was handsome, brave, strong, smart and she would have a fun, exciting life with him on the frontier. True, there would be more danger but with Nathaniel to protect her, she did not have to worry too much about that. Imagine their kids would be so gorgeous too. Duncan's would be albino's. Sorry, but I am not a fan of Duncan.

Well said IG!

Lady of Glencairn
"Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence" - H.L. Mencken
Page: of 2 Previous Topic: A Couple of Cheerio Good E-mails! Topic Next Topic: Is he ... or, isnt he ...  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07