The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/26/2024 7:09:54 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 A Couple of Cheerio Good E-mails!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: 2006 Gathering Pages & This Spam Thing ... Topic Next Topic: Coras Coming Out ... A REAL Weekly Update!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - August 02 2006 :  06:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
... and Book Endorsements!!!!

Dear Rich,

Thank you so much for sending the LOTM guidebook so quickly. I have bee a fan of the film since I first saw it in 1992. I LOVED it, and it is STILL my favorite film today. I have visited your website many times over the years and always wanted to order this book. I wished I would have ordered when the original (with color pictures) was first released. Nonetheless, I am very happy to FINALLY have scraped up enough money to buy this one. I wanted to get it before you ran out.

When I first saw the movie in 1992, I had just graduated from High School and was living in Arizona. I saw it with my best friend in the theater, and we were both awed by the beauty and emotion of the film. Even now, I still get goose bumps and a knot in my throat because the film is so beautiful. I remember buying the VHS and soundtrack and playing them over and over. Also, in Arizona, I went to see the LOTM canoes used in the film at the mall. They had several items of memorabilia displayed from the movie. I still can't believe I touched one of the canoes. I was amazed at how big, heavy, and sturdy it was.

Well, after graduating from college, I joined the Army and ended up stationed at Fort Drum, NY. I was very close to Mohican land, and had the opportunity to visit some of the historical sites. I even went to Cooperstown , but not for the baseball!!! Northern NY (Upstate as they call it) was GORGEOUS, and it really gives me a special feeling when I read James Fenimore Cooper's book, because I can envision the NY landscape so clearly. I also know what it feels like to run through the woods with a rifle!

I truly wish I could come to your gatherings, but unfortunately I am a junior high school teacher in Iowa farm-country and barely make enough money to support myself. It's too bad our society doesn't value education, because then us teachers could do so much more. Anyway, thank you for putting all the pictures on-line though so that everyone can still enjoy being a part of it all.

Thank you again for all your work and for keeping this remarkable film alive. I treasure your book!

With great respect,
Traci

Hello, again, Rich.

I’m a satisfied customer from last summer – and now I want a copy for myself! (I ordered one for my brother.)

I’ve found the on-screen order form. I’d like to ask you, though, about the turnaround time. How soon could I expect to receive a copy? Should I specify “priority” shipping? Or, should I even have it sent on ahead (to my parents in Asheville) in case I didn’t get it before I left to go down there for a vacation on August 12?

Thanks! (See, I should have thought of all this earlier.... it just dawned on me how much fun some location-spotting would be about this time of year.)

Best regards,
Joy

Yeah, this thing keeps on going ... and going ... and going ... Yee-FREAKIN'-Haw!!

By the way, at Triple Falls, in DuPont State Park, there's now a new stairway to the falls, replacing that old, steep, eroded part of trail!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 02 2006 :  07:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Rich,
Nice emails!
You should thank Soldier #2 for those stairs.... nice, aren't they?!

Steph
report to moderator Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic: 2006 Gathering Pages & This Spam Thing ... Topic Next Topic: Coras Coming Out ... A REAL Weekly Update!  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.22 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07