The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/2/2024 12:07:50 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Exclusive Madeleine Stowe Interview!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Just A Reminder ... For Consideration Topic Next Topic: Long Time No See ...  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 27 2005 :  08:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, as reported last week [see: Cora's Coming Out ... A REAL Weekly Update!] what started out as a bad encounter ended up as a new web site addition. The Madeleine Stowe interview is in the bag.

I never thought that would happen. She is the one person I never thought would be a part of this web site. I can remember, at Gatherings, folks asking me if this one, or that one, would ever be a subject of an interview. I always adamantly eliminated Madeleine Stowe. Just never thought it would happen. Actually, I'd given up on the interview-idea - with anyone - for quite some time. Unless one just fell in my lap.

One just fell in my lap!

Maybe, it's the new rage in the pick-up line department: Hey, you slut! Gets their attention right quick! Just kidding ...

A little magic still remains ...

Now, don't go expecting a mammoth, 3 hour, in-depth exploaration of every aspect of her life ... ala Wes Studi.

This one is brief and to the point ... my decision. Actually, Madeleine said, "Don't fret about length or detail." I opted for short for several reasons:
  • I'm talked out on the subject
  • I have been sick & had a very low energy level
  • It felt strange doing it without Lainey

But, Madeleine made it very easy - as I said, she is very easy to talk to. She is nothing like you might envision a big Hollywood star to be like ... once you get her talking, she's like conversing with a pal. Very likeable lady!

Anyway, the poor lass is having a heck of a time with a photo ... so, I'm waiting, for the time being, on that before I upload the interview. Will keep you posted!

Happy Easter!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2005 :  08:37:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
Great job in getting this interview, even if it did resort to name calling. I can't wait to read the interview!!! I'm sure that it is going to be as interesting as all of the others.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - March 27 2005 :  3:09:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Cool Beans, Rich!
Looking forward to the interview!
Hope you get to feeling better!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 27 2005 :  5:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh Geez, We know what she looks like! I can't wait to read her
interview. The suspense is killing me! Just kidding... I can wait.
I can't believe you did it while your ill. Such a trooper..

It's nice to know she's down to earth and friendly.

I hope she answered all your questions. You sure must have had fun.
Tell me, did you think of something else you wanted to ask her after
you hung up? Or, did you cover everything?

Looking forward to seeing it!
Happy Easter to everyone!
Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

AliceH
Pathfinder

The Kiss
USA

February 21 2005

Posted - March 27 2005 :  7:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Dear Rich,
Thank you for the update, and thank you for everything you do with this site! Good things do come for those who wait, don't they? Who would have thunk it?!? Glad to hear everything went so well. Thanks for collecting all of our questions and gathering the much-awaited information for us. I hope she was able to shed some light on some of our questions from long ago. Anyway, Happy Easter to you and yours. Hope you get your strength back soon.

Take care!

Alice

Alice H

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - March 28 2005 :  8:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great job, Rich...and thank you Madeleine. I'll look forward to the end result. Take care of yourself, Pal.

Theresa

Yogi
Pathfinder

May 29 2002

Posted - April 01 2005 :  01:28:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great news Rich! I'm looking forward to seeing this. And hope you're feeling better soon.

Pat

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 02 2005 :  12:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
OK, boys & girls, it is up. Madeleine Stowe Interview I hope that you enjoy this mini-interview!

Maddy says, yes, Rich, it's just fine. Nothing to add or change. You did ask, toward the end a question about the uncas/alice relationship which went unanswered. And I really don't know too much about it, unfortunately. Am traveling soon but WILL have a new photo for you! Thank you. It's been a really fun experience talking to you and remembering things I'd let go of.
Madeleine

So, soon we'll be adding a brand new photo ...

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 02 2005 :  1:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Rich,
I just finished reading the interview with Madeline Stowe.
I really enjoyed it. Especially when she talked about doing "The Kiss".
And, she answered some of those mystery questions. Now we know!
It was fun reading about the racing and other tidbits.
And it was nice to know her feelings on the whole project, and her
insights on Michael Mann.
I've never seen Madeline on a talk show so this is the first time I
had the chance to learn about her. I hope she stays in touch.

Great job Rich!

Thanks for doing it.
Sincerely, Donna

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - April 02 2005 :  4:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well done, Sachem! And........Miss Stowe...Madeline, if I may.....if you are reading this.......THANKS so much!! It is very much appreciated when someone of your stature takes the time to visit with us.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 02 2005 :  4:46:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
Great job with the interview!!! I really enjoyed reading it!!!
Hmmmmm, could an interview with DD-L be far off??? Hey, you never know, that interview could fall into your lap too.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - April 02 2005 :  8:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Beautifully done, Rich. What a delightful woman she is. Madeleine, if you're reading this and decide to revisit "Mohicanland", please let us know...perhaps we could arrange an Official Unofficial Gathering. Thank you for your time and sharing yourself with us. Rich, what a Sachem you are! Woohoo!

Theresa

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 02 2005 :  9:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Way to go Sachem! And thank you Madeline. Please consider joining us to revisit the film sites. I'm sure it will be much less stressful and you will certainly enjoy the scenery more since it won't be "work." Please consider that.
Sachem, you've done a great job with this whole thing, once again. Now, about going for a DDL interview. Shall I post something derogatory about him and invoke his ire? .... heheheh just kidding!!!!
Thanks again,
Stephanie

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 02 2005 :  9:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, what a great interview! Absolutely fantastic Rich, especially when you haven't been feeling so well... thank you!

And to Ms. Stowe, thank you so very much in taking the time to answer our questions! We wish you the best in your future endeavors and hope you will visit again soon!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 05 2005 :  12:11:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a lovely and delightful piece here Rich! You did a great job "covering the bases" and all the questions that have surfaced over the years! Reading this was like experiencing a "EUREKA" when finding the precise location for an illusive puzzle piece. It was so nice to hear Madeleine's fondness of our beloved NC scenery! Thanks so much for taking the time for us Ms. Stowe!!

The magic quilt continues to...

GG
  Previous Topic: Just A Reminder ... For Consideration Topic Next Topic: Long Time No See ...  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07