The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/2/2024 7:28:37 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Towne Crier's Square
 A Sequel To LOTM???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: The History Channel, ... Topic Next Topic: ATTENTION MOHICANLAND: MICHAEL MANN TO BE HONORED IN CHICAGO  

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 06 2005 :  4:55:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am not sure whether anyone else recieved an email from Mr. Roeper, but I recieved this today from him!

greetings:
please feel free to forward this to your fellow 'mohicans' fans or to post it on your site.

last saturday during our q-and-a in chicago, i told michael mann about all the emails i'd received and asked if there is a 3-hour version of 'mohicans'--and if so, will it ever be released. mann told me there never was a 3-hour version, but there are 'maybe 10 or 15 minutes' of additional footage that might someday make it onto a dvd. he also said that of all the films he's ever directed, 'mohicans' is the only one that might one day merit a sequel, though there are no concrete plans for one at this time.
hope that clears things up!
best,
richard roeper

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"
report to moderator

misschanelno5
Pioneer

USA

July 01 2004

Posted - April 06 2005 :  5:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit misschanelno5's Homepage  Send misschanelno5 an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holy smokes ...

Only ten to fifteen minutes?

A sequel?

Does ... not ... compute!

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
"Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing."
-- Oscar Wilde
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 06 2005 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Caitlin, for that! I suspected that the 3-hour version might have been exaggeration ... I'd love a complete DVD someday ... that'd be terrific!

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - April 07 2005 :  11:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wouldn't it be great if we someday had a 2 DVD set of LOTM - like the expanded "Dances With Wolves"??? If Michael Mann included some of the extra things about this film that are already on this website, such as the on-screen interviews with some of the cast members, I'm sure he'd have no trouble filling up 2 DVD's - and he would certainly have no trouble selling them!!! Might not end up being 3 hours but hey - I'll take whatever extra footage about LOTM that I can get!

Now, I wonder if he still has the footage of those first filmed attempts of "The Kiss" scene lying about somewhere...

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - April 07 2005 :  1:46:36 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I still think he is holding out on us! I want more than 15 extra minutes! I want bloopers, out takes, behind the scenes,ect! I guess we still don't have it cleared as to whether or not he ever filmed the cut romance between Uncas and Alice?

alikws
Colonial Settler

USA

October 23 2003

Posted - April 07 2005 :  4:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
on bloopers,out-takes and interviews, one of the stranger things in my inventory are an 'audio video press kit' dated september 92, contains the trailer,featurette,clips of some scenes, including 'i aint your scout','better looking reason','i will find you', some sound bytes,and 'unedited b-roll'

only problem is it's on 3/4inch umatic tape, and i don't have a player, anybody have the technoligy to dup it to vhs,dvd or a pc format?... could work out a swap...

this is the kind of stuff that should have ended up on the dvd, but didnt...

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 07 2005 :  10:56:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A sequel would be nice, God knows there is more than enough of Cooper's material for Mr. Mann to work with...

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Gandalf
Lost in the Wilderness

Mad Scientist

April 08 2005

Posted - April 08 2005 :  05:08:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have posted some stuff on the thread "Alice looks towrds Uncas" relevant to this thread. Included is a copy of a recent LA Times article that describes how fans of other movies/TV shows have managed to get the DVDs they wanted. The URL for that thread is:

http://www.mohicanpress.com/messageboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3030&whichpage=2

To sum up some of the posts on the other thread: There was a Preview Version of "Last of the Mohicans" shown in 1992 which was somewhat longer and had scenes that made clear that Alice and Uncas loved each other (although these scenes were relatively subtle). I saw this version, and so have others (check the archives of this message board). I personally think that this version is probably still intact in the film vaults somewhere. This version is about as close as it gets to what most people in this message board who want more of Alice and Uncas have been clamoring for.

Let's face it, Michael Mann has never been very responsive to the desires of the fans. He is an artiste, a visionary, and he is not driven by any need to fulfill the wishes of the fans.

The DVD distributors are a different story. They LOVE the fans. Their only vision of what should go on the DVDs is whatever the fans will buy. There is a simple equation at work here:

Fan Desires = MONEY = Fans Getting What They Want

The LA Times article gives some great tips about how to mount a fan campaign for a DVD.

The person to contact at Fox Home Entertainment is Steve Feldstein. His phone number is 310-369-5369. I got this phone number by e-mailing the writer of the LA Times article.

GEEEZ!!! If people can get MacGyver back on DVD.....

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!!! GET TO WORK, PEOPLE!!!!
  Previous Topic: The History Channel, ... Topic Next Topic: ATTENTION MOHICANLAND: MICHAEL MANN TO BE HONORED IN CHICAGO  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07