The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 5:11:53 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 The Alamo - 1836
 New Alamo Artwork
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Dimitri Tiomkins 1960 Score for The Alamo Topic Next Topic: Alamo Plaza Preservation  

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2003

Posted - December 26 2005 :  7:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

New artwork. Tell me what you think and enjoy!
Shot with my new digital camera.
David Crockett

Jim Bowie

And me, :lol: , Happy Holidays. Will post more soon!

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 27 2005 :  5:04:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some real talent there Wade, - keep up the good work. ;)

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - December 27 2005 :  6:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Monadnock. Will do.

Here's some more drawings. And a full shot of Crockett. Enjoy yall and please, comments are apppreciated.

David Crockett

Crockett from the cover of the May 2005 issue of the Crockett Chronicle.

From early 2004, a defender in the midst of fighting. Just a close up of the face to show the detail.

William Travis. Again, another shot of the face. Sadly, the shoulders are somewhat disproportional than the rest of the body. An artist's mistake.

That's it for now. I'll provide photos of Bowie when he is finished along with others. Enjoy.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 02 2006 :  03:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Any comments?

www.alamosentry.com

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - January 05 2006 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
A recent drawing of Jim Bowie. Done in .07 mechanical pencil and a regular BiC pen. Please, comment and tell me what you all think.

Thanks,
~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 09 2006 :  12:41:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As always, Young-un, your work is fabulous.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - July 30 2007 :  5:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey everyone,

Thought I'd show yall some recent artwork of mine. Please, tell me what you think!

James Butler Bonham, courier of the Alamo.

David Crockett's Final Moments.

Enjoy.

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - July 30 2007 :  7:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Great work! You know, it's interesting to compare the drawings you posted in 2005 with your most recent ones. They're all good, but the latest ones show that you have gotten even better.

I used to draw a lot too, mostly portraits. Don't do what I did and give it up if you happen not to feel satisfied with some of your work! I always regret that.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 30 2007 :  8:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oh, I agree, Red!

Wade, you just get better and better with that pencil! Very, very nice! Thanks for posting them.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - July 30 2007 :  8:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wade,
You know that i think that you are a very special and talented young man!!! I agree with the others that your drawings are only getting better. One day I will take a picture of my famous stick man that I can draw.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 30 2007 :  8:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm envious...

I know for a fact that drawing is much more difficult than painting.

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - July 30 2007 :  9:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You really do have a special talent! Very beautiful work!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Irishgirl
Council of Elders

Irish Girl Avatar
USA

February 14 2006

Donating Member

Posted - July 31 2007 :  09:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Always wished I could "draw" but alas, not one of my talents. You are definitely "blessed" in that department Wade. Thanks for sharing that talent with all of us here. Wonderful pictures.

IG

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - May 11 2010 :  11:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jacob C. Darst: Call to Glory

Commission for a descendant of Darst. This illustration is basically a remake of the Darst portrait that use to hang in the Alamo giftshop. The scene depicts the moment when the Alamo garrison is alerted to listen to Travis speak in the plaza. Done with pencil, ink, copic marker, and gouache on cold press illustration board. Comments are most welcome!

If anyone is interested, I am available for commission. Now would be a great time to request as every commission funds my move to San Antonio, Texas. I leave Florida for Texas on May 26th and arrive in San Antone on June 11th! Thanks!

All the best,
Wade

www.alamosentry.com

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - May 12 2010 :  06:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is excellent, Wade! Really, really nice. And just as impressive as the figures in the foreground is all the detail that you put into the background. The person who commissioned this is going to be really pleased.

Is your move to San Antonio a permanent one? If so, what an exciting moment in your life. Best of luck with everything.

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley

shadawick
Colonial Settler

USA

August 19 2009

Posted - May 12 2010 :  10:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Wade,
I'm a new guy here and this is the first time I've seen your work and really like it. As several of the others said earlier, You've got talent and can really see how it improved over time. I wish you well as you continue your journey. As to the Alamo it's self. For several generations my Fathers people have talked about us having family at the Alamo. They were Allen's and Taylor's. Zachary Taylor was related and you probably know his son General Taylor was a Confederate commander in the Texas area. We were also related to John Sevier by marriage. Since I have Cherokee blood from at least 3 bloodlines part of family thought Sevier a hero and part thought he was the devil. Wouldn't that make for an interesting family reunion?

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - May 12 2010 :  2:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Bookworm! Thanks for the kind words! Yes, the move to San Antone is a permanent one! I can't wait!

Shadawick, yeah, that'd make for an akward family reunion! lol What more information do you have on your descendants at the Alamo?

www.alamosentry.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 13 2010 :  12:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As you know, Wade, I have been following your endeavors on Facebook.

This piece is really, really good. Your perspective is excellent, and I love your use of shadows. They give a great 3-dimensional effect. Well done!

Good luck with your move and relocation!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 15 2010 :  10:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Your work is getting better and better, Wade! Really looking good. You might consider getting in touch with Steph and Jayne and seeing if there might not be some kind of deal you and they could manage for this year's Gathering auctions. Very impressed with your progress!!
  Previous Topic: Dimitri Tiomkins 1960 Score for The Alamo Topic Next Topic: Alamo Plaza Preservation  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.42 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07