The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/18/2024 5:46:30 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The LIGHT IN THE FOREST
 The Lion's Den ... International & Political Debate
 Mrs. Kings Funeral
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Not something youll see in the NY Times, .... Topic Next Topic: The Truth About Torture by Sen. John McCain  

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
January 08 2005

Posted - February 08 2006 :  11:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just curious. I was wondering what did you guys think about the "funeral" of Mrs. King. I watched some of it and it really disgusted me. I actually became angry at the ranting politicals. It just seemed to me that they didn't care about Mrs. Kings passing at all. It sounded like one big soap box speech or a Democratic Convention. (No offence to anybody!) I saw a lot of coverage on the news. I was watching different channels and I watched the Fox News interview with Rev. Al Sharpton. He said nothing to change my veiw. And Jimmy Carter with his cheap-shot remarks about wire tapping, bluk.
I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. My class (the ones who keep up with this stuff on the news,) discussed it today and most of us thought the same thing, including the ones who tend to lean towards the liberal side.
I would like to hear what you guys think whether you agree or not. Again I didn't mean to offend. I would like to offer my apologies ahead of time.

Thanks

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."
report to moderator

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - February 08 2006 :  11:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmm, should I have posted this elsewhere? I just read the weekly update thing and well I thought that kind of converstation belonged here...
I suppose this is an international debate. It isn't just affecting (effecting) America right?
Oh well... Later.

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 09 2006 :  07:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello Emily, ... I can't really comment, I never wactch that "stuff" these days. Having said that, it's pretty much for the reasons you mentioned. It's amazing and at the same time disappointing how much politics is spun into what should be a personal tribute to someone. I wonder, if aside from lack of class, - it isn't also fear and desperation? They (the pols) have a capitive audience and more importantly a free "national tv soapbox" and there's voters out there watching, and they're going to take advantage of that. As bad as it apparently was, - I'm glad you saw what you did and reacted the way you did! Very justified with your reaction, - keep up the good work! ...

you can keep "The Change"

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - February 09 2006 :  2:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with your observations, Emily. A funeral and/or rememberence ceremony is no place for bringing forth political agendas. It is the one time that politicians (Both official and 'wannabe') should be seen and not heard...

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - February 09 2006 :  7:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. It genuinly bothers me that these people in these positions, who are held in such high regaurd by so many, could stoop so low. Even the people who weren't on stage were carrying on, "whooping and hollering" like it was a football game in front of them instead of that womans body in that box. Pathetic. Most didn't show up to pay respect, they came for the dog and pony show.

Previous Topic: Not something youll see in the NY Times, .... Topic Next Topic: The Truth About Torture by Sen. John McCain  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.25 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07