The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/5/2024 8:06:20 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The LIGHT IN THE FOREST
 The Lion's Den ... International & Political Debate
 The Truth About Torture by Sen. John McCain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Mrs. Kings Funeral Topic Next Topic: IMPORTANT: The Lions Den Etiquette!
Page: of 2

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 17 2005 :  9:38:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The November 21, 2005 (yes I know that today is Nov 17) issue of Newsweek features Senator McCain's article on the subject of torture. I find his position compeling: Treaty and moral considerations prohibit cruel, inhumane, or abusive treatment of prisoners. In other words, it should be policy and law that Americans do not practice torture or "toture light"

I agree with Senator McCain.

We become what we think about.
report to moderator

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - November 21 2005 :  6:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree. I don't care what they did, no one deserves to be tortured. What good does/did it do? It doesn't undo the wrong they've done, even though it may make others feel better or avenged. Yes, they deserved to be punished but not tortured.

"It is the unknown we fear when looking upon death and darkness, nothing more."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 25 2005 :  09:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I can truly appreciate the position that you two have taken. If you are truly looking at it as a form of punishment, then "yes" I am in full agreement with you. However, if it is to gather intellegence which saves lives, then a certain amount of duress is permited under previously radified treaties and accords.

In a nutshell, if placing someone in a little bit of pain, which is non-lethal and will not risk serious bodily injury or cause a permenent disabling condition, will prevent a thermonuclear or biochemical weapon from being deployed against innocent American civilans, then I can honestly say that I will not loose any sleep over it. Does this make me a bad person, who knows, that is for me to answer for at the end of the game. I do know that people who take part in plans/operations to attack my fellow countrymen do not deserve the 'kid gloves' treatment. Especially if my family is in the target area...

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - November 25 2005 :  10:52:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
From a historical perspective, the attack on Pickawillany and the subsequent treatment of La Demoiselle did seem to have the desired effect on the tribes of the area.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 26 2005 :  09:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SgtMunro

I can truly appreciate the position that you two have taken. If you are truly looking at it as a form of punishment, then "yes" I am in full agreement with you. However, if it is to gather intellegence which saves lives, then a certain amount of duress is permited under previously radified treaties and accords.

In a nutshell, if placing someone in a little bit of pain, which is non-lethal and will not risk serious bodily injury or cause a permenent disabling condition, will prevent a thermonuclear or biochemical weapon from being deployed against innocent American civilans, then I can honestly say that I will not loose any sleep over it. Does this make me a bad person, who knows, that is for me to answer for at the end of the game. I do know that people who take part in plans/operations to attack my fellow countrymen do not deserve the 'kid gloves' treatment. Especially if my family is in the target area...

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

OK, Bad Boy! Color me one, too ... I concur. You know, it's the Little League syndrome ... just have fun; everybody wins; there are no losers ... In this case, there are no BAD GUYS; live & let live. They blow up our buildings? Oh, boys will be boys ... it's ok. They just need a time out.

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - November 27 2005 :  2:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hoo, Brother, preach on. Rich, I agree. I am just a wee bit disgusted with the whole slapping on the wrist thing. Yeah, they need to quit playin around and teach them a lesson they won't forget. The way we're goin now, there's no way there going to take us seriously.

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 27 2005 :  5:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, by that definition the Gestapo, with their need for intelligence and information, had every right to use whatever means to get to the goal. Hell, everybody who tortures today has that right.

Torture is not a grey area; it's not about "yes, if" or "no, unless". It is a vile act of destroying human rights and human dignity. There's no middle way here. Oh, America, my heart bleeds for you; once you were a shining light.

OH HAI!
Blessinz of teh Ceiling Cat be apwn yu, srsly.
http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - November 27 2005 :  7:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
War is not being about being "nice, sensitive or understanding" - it's about winning, defeating your enemy.

you can keep "The Change"

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 27 2005 :  11:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ilse
Well, by that definition the Gestapo, with their need for intelligence and information, had every right to use whatever means to get to the goal.

I believe that the difference here, Ilse, is that the Gestapo were not using torture to gather information for the purpose of protecting their countrymen from terrorists. The Gestapo were plain and simply evil and were using torture as a "fun" tool to humiliate and annihilate an entire race of people. That is, of course, an unthinkable horror.

I think it's more than a little unfair to compare America to the Gestapo, or any Communist-ruled country who employs torture as punishment.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 30 2005 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think you missed the whole point, Ilse; and you are way out of line to compare measures needed to protect innocent lives to those used by past/present fascist regimes in order to exterminate whole peoples. As far as destroying human rights/dignity, the answer is very "black & white"; to wit: if you do not want to be placed under duress, then you do not plot, or participate in, an attack on innocent people.

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

P.S.- Monadnock Guide is correct; that being you do not win a war by being nice, sensitive or understanding, you win by destroying the enemy's ability to fight. As President Theodore Roosevelt once noted, "...The world may grow to respect us, even to fear us, but they will never love us..."

...And as far as the Sarge is concerned, fear and respect will suffice, where love is wanting...

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 02 2005 :  5:53:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Germany was having fun torturing and didn't give a bloody hell about winning the war... Wait, what?

I think you are all missing my point. These conflicts are all ideologically driven. In any ideology, no matter how despicable or how honourable (or whether it's your's or you enemy's), you can find reasons for yourself to be exempt from commonly held ethical norms and values for whatever reason you have. The thing is not to fall into this kind of trap and not stoop to lower levels. If you do you probably will instll fear but respect is an altogether different matter.

OH HAI!

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 02 2005 :  10:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Torture for fun or information?

I am of the belief that the primary reason that the Nazis tortured people was to get information useful to their cause. The Nazis wanted to win (I suspect that all groups/nations conducting war want to win.)The acceptance of torture as a "normal business practice" naturally attracted folks who enjoyed torturing people. The "normal business practice" of torture provided opportunities and cover for recreational torturers to have their fun.

I do not think that Germans are inherently bad. The undeniable presence of "recreational torturers" among those Germans who became Nazis is (in my opinion) more illustrative of the damaging effects on a society when torture is officially sanctioned.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 03 2005 :  12:59:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Germany was having fun torturing and didn't give a bloody hell about winning the war... Wait, what?

But I didn't say Nazi Germany didn't care about winning the war. Of course they did. After all, they wanted to take over the world and didn't care how they went about doing it or who they got rid of along the way. And yes, any group or country who is fighting a war wants to win. That goes without saying.

And no, I do not "think that Germans are inherently bad" anymore than I think that the Japanese or the Russians are inherently bad. The Nazi reign was a terrible time in Germany's history, but it is done. And I do not believe that America is in danger of falling into the type of trap that Germany fell into under Hitler.

My point was simply to say: Please don't make unfair and outlandish comparisons.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 03 2005 :  05:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Not too difficult to see the difference in who's - who. When the German defeat was nearly complete in WWII, nearly all Germans that could move, including their military, may a bee-line for the Allied Lines. Preferring to surrender to the Allies than the Russians. They did not see/equate both sides as a flip of the coin, - and went for the safer approach at the first opputunity. There is and never has been a comparison in our treatment of prisoners with the Soviets, Germans Japanese etc. In WWII, I belive something like around 3% of Japanese prisoners died in our care, - while over 30% of captured Americans died in Japanese camps.

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 04 2005 :  01:48:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree that the United States and allied nations have long-held traditions of treating prisoners well. We best honor those traditions by maintaining them intact. We honor those traditions by not moving one inch (one centimeter for metric-philes) in the direction of objectionable practices, such as torture.

Ilse
The Dutch Trader

Weerribben
Netherlands

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 08 2005 :  5:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ilse's Homepage  Send Ilse a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I never made comparisons (read the post).

To me ends never justify means.

OH HAI!

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - December 09 2005 :  02:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that to say that one race/nationality/police force/military force are "plain and simply evil" is oversimplification in the extreme. It is the acts of the Nazis that make us label them as evil - the acts of invading other countries, imprisoning without trial, murder, genocide and torture. Any of those acts sound familiar?

Ultimately, if you belong to a country that believes there is justification for torture, imprisonment without trial etc, then as a country, you need to be open about it, stand behind that belief and acknowledge that there will be consequences.

To say that one is justified because 'they started it' is playground politics. If you believe yourself better than others, you need to practice what you preach - these double standards only lead people to say "what makes you better than us?"

Speaking personally, I am a realist, and I believe that torture is a part of conflict and can be a successful strategic tool. I also believe that part of creating an effective military force is to have soldiers trained to do their job - and part of that training involves dehumanising the enemy, in order to carry out their responsibilities. However, since I also believe torture is ethically wrong, I would rather put my efforts into supporting international agreements such as the Geneva Convention to try and move us forward as a civilisation, than devote any effort to justifying it. If the soldiers our countries train are not subsequently properly monitored, or boundaries are not made crystal clear and enforced, the result is the pictures that we have all witnessed from Abu Ghraib jail. And ultimately, regardless of whether you think those prisoners got what they deserved or not, those photographs just gave some countries yet another reason to hate us.

Justifiable torture? Speaking for myself, I am not sure that those two words go together. But even if I did, I would be very concerned about the scope of the word 'justifiable'

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 09 2005 :  10:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One does what one has to in war, - the idea is to win. With the history that the Europeans have, - it doeesn't leave them much room to pontificate to anyone about how people should be treated. For "decades" after WWII all one had to do was look at Eastern Europe and Western Europe to see how we treated both our defeated allies, and enemies. We installed the Marshall Plan and helped rebuild the entire continent, regardless of who was on our side, or fought against us. We also rebuilt Japan after WWII, - all this costing us a fortune. And we are compared to Nazi's? Easy I suppose when one country isn't involved in anything, - but should that change, that lofty attitude would be hard pressed to find any virtue in the actions it would need to survive. It goes completely unreported, but we've built more new hospitals, schools, electric power stations, water distribution plants, highways, etc., etc. in Iraq than the average individual knows of, or will ever hear of. I wonder how much of that the Nazi's would have done had they won? I tire of the sniffiling European attitude, ....

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - December 09 2005 :  12:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No in no way do I condone the disgusting behavior of the military personel at Abu Ghraib prison. I see whole mess as a bunch of nut cases who needed a little dose of power and the only way they could get it was to humiliate someone weaker than they. They abused their power and I hope they get a punishment that discourages that from ever happening again. But that torture served no purpose and didn't help the U.S. gain anything that would lead to any captures or findings to help us win this war. But, I'm not saying we should be torturing people, beating them, but can't just wait for them to make up and play nice. No matter how much I wish it would work that way it won't and never will. To get our point across and show we're serious we have to get a little rough. They won't talk peacfully and try to settle things like civilized people, so somtimes we have to get their attention by other means. If we don't, I have no doubt we'll be looking at another 9/11 pretty quick. We can't be pushed around and take it.
And no, I don't condone what the Gestapo did either.

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - December 09 2005 :  12:59:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Monadnock Guide

One does what one has to in war, - the idea is to win. With the history that the Europeans have, - it doeesn't leave them much room to pontificate to anyone about how people should be treated. For "decades" after WWII all one had to do was look at Eastern Europe and Western Europe to see how we treated both our defeated allies, and enemies. We installed the Marshall Plan and helped rebuild the entire continent, regardless of who was on our side, or fought against us. We also rebuilt Japan after WWII, - all this costing us a fortune. And we are compared to Nazi's? Easy I suppose when one country isn't involved in anything, - but should that change, that lofty attitude would be hard pressed to find any virtue in the actions it would need to survive. It goes completely unreported, but we've built more new hospitals, schools, electric power stations, water distribution plants, highways, etc., etc. in Iraq than the average individual knows of, or will ever hear of. I wonder how much of that the Nazi's would have done had they won? I tire of the sniffiling European attitude, ....

Just to clarify..... is it my comments that you are referring to as lofty and sniffling, Monadnock Guide?

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 09 2005 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No one in particular, since I post on a couple of boards, and have encounter the same attitide from other Europeans. As always though, if the shoe fits, ...

Adele
The Huggy Merchant

May 17 2002

Posted - December 09 2005 :  2:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Adele a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Monadnock Guide

No one in particular, since I post on a couple of boards, and have encounter the same attitide from other Europeans. As always though, if the shoe fits, ...

Let me clarify a few things for you....

1) I would no more describe myself as European than you would describe yourself as North American...I am British, or to be specific, English.

2) I made no reference to Americans in my post whatsoever. I did frequently refer to 'us', meaning the generic Westerner. I have not become personal, or made any derogatory comments about any race or nationality.

3) Perhaps I need to remind you that the British also invaded Iraq, and also had photographs published in the press of their troops torturing Iraqi prisoners. I did not differentiate between those taken of American troops and those taken of British troops. There is no difference.

4) I have not 'pontificated' about how anyone should be treated, I have merely expressed my opinion about the ethics of torture, some of the possible reasons behind the behaviour of the troops, and the potential consequences.

5) I have, I think, similar opintions to Dark Woods (who has expressed himself very eloquently), and yet I do not see you making reference to his nationality or suggesting that he has a 'sniffling American attitude'.

I haven't posted on this board for a while, but have always enjoyed a good debate and reading other peoples views and opinions, which is why I thought I would join in this current debate. I have also enjoyed the fact that this is listed as a forum for 'international debate' - but it would appear that this is no longer the case.

I'm rather sorry that you have been unable to really read my post simply as an unemotional, opposing side of a debate, because I am sure we could all have enjoyed a very interesting and informative discussion. But, I get the feeling that I am not going to find what I am looking for in this forum anymore.

Adele

PS If I could be permitted to disagree with you on one more thing.....that shoe you are handing out.....it doesn't fit!

Christina
Deerslayer

Vampire
USA

May 27 2002

Posted - December 09 2005 :  3:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christina's Homepage  Send Christina an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I agree with everything Adele has said above and probably have my own perspectives to offer, but I don't think it's worth my time.

Few of you probably give a rip, but the attitudes Adele is referring to are precisely why I don't post here anymore. The attitudes that sent me away were those posted over the Katrina disaster and the torture attitudes are even further proof to me that except for checking in to see how a few friends are doing, this is not the place for me anymore.

Some of you all need to take a good long look in the mirror.

Have a nice holiday.

Christina

See this face? This is the face of a woman on the edge.
Whoopi Goldberg, "Jumping Jack Flash"

Emily
Colonial Settler

Cora 4
USA

January 08 2005

Posted - December 09 2005 :  5:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I don't remembered where all I have posted so,if I was ever one of the offenders, I apologize and the result was not my intent.
God Bless.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 10 2005 :  11:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:

I never made comparisons (read the post).

I did. Several times. To me, and pardon me if I am wrong, the implication was definitely there.

quote:
Originally posted by Adele
I think that to say that one race/nationality/police force/military force are "plain and simply evil" is oversimplification in the extreme. It is the acts of the Nazis that make us label them as evil...

To "oversimplify" even further -- evil actions are performed by people; therefore, the people become evil. I stand by my original observation: the Gestapo/Nazis were evil.

quote:
Originally posted by Christina
The attitudes that sent me away were those posted over the Katrina disaster and the torture attitudes are even further proof to me that except for checking in to see how a few friends are doing, this is not the place for me anymore.

I am really sorry to hear that, Christina. I am puzzled, though. I do not remember anything other than sympathy and concern being posted over the Katrina disaster.

Why should any of you feel the need to "pick up your toys and go home" when some of us disagree with your opinions? Isn't disagreeing part of debate? And don't we have the right to offer ours, too? And please understand that those of us who have offered differing opinions from yours, Ilse's and Adele's have not said that you should leave because your opinions are different. I don't think that any of us want you to. I know I don't.

Emily? It wasn't you.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 11 2005 :  06:34:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I haven't offered my opinion on this subject because I am the world's worst debater, but what the heck, I will do it anyway.
I personally think that torture is wrong. Yes, I know the reasoning behind torture, but it still doesn't make it right. I know that I get upset every time someone tortures one of our Americans, so why should I believe in torturing someone else. Now, my husband and son have differing opinions. They believe that torture is vital to get information and to save lives. They tell me that I am wrong and I tell them that they are wrong, but we all love each other anyway.
Below I am listing pros and cons of torture. Not my words, I got this off of the internet, but I believe that the person that wrote it has a pretty good idea of the "good" and "bad" aspects of torture.

Pros

1. Timely information is needed to break up cells, capture wanted terrorists, and prevent thousands or millions of deaths. If we were able to stop the 9/11 attacks, thousands of lives would have been saved, along with billions of dollars in economic damage. Intelligence agents had information that Osama bin Laden was up to something, but they had nothing specific as to place and time. Today, the FBI and CIA are in the same situation. The next attack could involve a nuclear "dirty" bomb, an anthrax or smallpox bioweapons attack, or a poisonous chemical attack. The 9/11 attacks were bad, but the devastation of a mass destruction weapons attack would be tenfold. Intelligence information is only good for a short time. When Saddam was captured, Al Qaeda and Fedayeen cells scattered. Thus, any intelligence gained after a short initial period was outdated. Torture ensures we get the information on a timely basis. Of course torture is immoral, but we're talking about the lives of thousands, possibly even millions. Even if mass destruction weapons aren't involved, low-level attacks like a homicide bombing could cause the loss of many Americans lives. What is more important--protecting an evil, hateful terrorist from a little pain or saving scores of American lives?

2. These specific terrorists deserve a little extra punishment for the death and misery they've caused. Mounir al-Motassadek, who is accused of being a member of a terrorist organization and being an accessory to the deaths of more than 3,000 people on 9/11, was sentenced to 15 years in prison by a German court. He's lucky he wasn't convicted of killing 100,000 people; the court may have sentenced him to 20 years! The justice system has become somewhat of a joke in democratic societies. Even in America, where punishment is obviously tougher than mainland Europe, the punishments aren't all that bad. When you contribute to the death of thousands, a punishment of painless death or life in prison just doesn't cut it. We're talking about people that will kill Americans no matter where they are or who they are, and they show no remorse for their actions. Maybe a little torture is fitting for someone like Saddam Hussein.

3. Anything we do to our captives will still be nothing compared to what they do to our soldiers when captured. As we saw with the American POWs in Iraq, it doesn't matter how well we treat prisoners, our soldiers will always be faced with brutal torture or death. Consider the terrorists held in Guantanamo Bay. The prison there holds some of the most evil, hate-filled, venom-spewing men in the world. Yet, we feed them well, allow them books & prayer time, and refrain from beating them. Several prisoners released from there have said they were treated well and fed better than in their own country. Yet, the media distorts the treatment, showing us getting a little rough with some combative prisoners. Many in the media speculate we're torturing prisoners whenever we come up with useful information, despite the fact they have no proof. The point is, it doesn't matter if we torture prisoners or give t

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Mrs. Kings Funeral Topic Next Topic: IMPORTANT: The Lions Den Etiquette!  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.77 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07