The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/3/2024 1:46:43 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The New Deal!
 The [Broken] Record ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Finding The Mohican Board! Topic Next Topic: Photo Album?
Page: of 3

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 08 2002 :  06:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
... number of unique visitors, on any single day, to the On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans Web Site currently stands at 2446 on Wednesday, October 09, 2002!

Edited by - richfed on October 10 2002 06:58:11 AM
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 10 2003 :  05:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Make that ...

2485!

... on Tuesday, September 9, 2003!! That's unique visitors, in other words 2485 different people in one day!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 10 2003 :  2:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Seems I'm one of them.

www.alamosentry.com

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 16 2003 :  06:15:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
... ok ... this record's been smashed ...

It's now: 2711 - Set on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2003!

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 16 2003 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
You've got to be proud of this, Rich and Elaine. Truly a testament to your hard work, the plethora of information here, the wonderful family you've helped to create, and the passion for a film. Thank you and congrats.

Theresa

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2003 :  2:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Rich,
The record numbers are soaring because you have such a wonderful site and everybody is so friendly here!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 16 2003 :  3:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now, if we could only get some of them to join us and post on the boards...

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - September 16 2003 :  3:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Now,only if my website (Hint Hint) www.alamosentry.com had some more hits on it lol

www.alamosentry.com

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 17 2003 :  06:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Broken again!

2762!

Most people, other than via E-mail, seem not to venture into interactive Internet. Out of that all-time high number of site visitors, just a few over 200 visited the Mohican Board yesterday!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 23 2003 :  06:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Still another new record: 2987 - Monday, September 22, 2003!

You know what? We really don't understand what is happening here!

hawkeye
Pioneer

Longhunter With Child
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - September 23 2003 :  10:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
You know what? We really don't understand what is happening here!

Do you normally see an increase in unique visitors shortly after each school year begins?

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - September 23 2003 :  10:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
I just think that word is getting out abour how great this site is!!!
You know that word of mouth is the best advertising, so when people see your site, they tend to recommend it to others!!! I think that it is great that you are getting so many visitors. I did want to ask a question. Does it count me as visiting the site only once since I am logged in, or does it count every time I visit the board, because sometimes I can visit the board 3 or 4 times a day.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 23 2003 :  1:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes, Marc. Every year it goes up at this time. More each year. this year, quite a leap!

Thanks Kay! Most of the visitors are recorded elsewhere on the site, but no, the stats program tracks IP addresses - not 100% foolproof, but a good indicator - it matters not whether you are logged in or not.

Looks like we'll hit 3000 sometime!

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - September 23 2003 :  4:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What's not to understand? There is a WEALTH of information on this site about colonial living, French and Indian and Rev Wars, Cooper, the movie LOTM, and on and on. The kiddies are back in school/college and doing internet researches, and getting hits like crazy directing them to this ONE site which has so MUCH info. And every year, I might add, NEW topics and info add to that wealth of info.

Just from an informational and educational aspect, this site would be sorely missed if it went away! Not to mention, how many folks would be lost without their daily LOTM fix, and yammering to friends made and met through this site.

Fitz Williams
Colonial Militia

USA

May 19 2002

Posted - September 24 2003 :  12:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I own 6 domain names. Four are forwarded to my web site and 2 are forwarded to a site I maintain for the S. C. Rangers. I have never put the names out to a search engine. Both sites are actually under an AT&T name if you get past the frame forwarding. I just checked the stats and I am amazed at the hits I get. How do they find it? I only keep my personal web site for my own use. Today I was looking at the NPS Cowpens web site to see what the date in January for "Cowpens 2004" will be, and there was a link to my "Rangers" web site. I guess you just never know.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 24 2003 :  05:57:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Fitz, links from other web sites is one of the best ways for search engines to find you!

Thanks, Bill ... you [for a LONG time] ... and so many others, have been a reason for this success!!!

Well, it wasn't very long in coming ... yesterday, Tuesday, September 23, 2003 we finally, and for the first time, surpassed the 3000 unique visitor mark [mind you, this is not "hits" - a misused, wide varying in meaning term - usually indicating page views, or even elements-of-a-page views ... i.e. each photo on a page accessed is a "hit," thus, one page accessed one time can result in multiple "hit" recordings!] ...

New Record: 3035!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 01 2003 :  06:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Inched up, just a bit, for a new record, on Tuesday, September 30, 2003: 3069.

That's a lot of people ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 07 2003 :  05:52:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Bust me buttons!

This is getting ridiculous ... now, I know some of these "visits" are dubious at best [i.e. a picture is linked to at another site] and, true, our Against All Odds message board has picked up of late, but still ... a trend is a trend is a trend.

The record surged upward on Monday, October 6, 2003, and now stands at a whopping 3404 unique visitors in a single day!

Must count for something, eh?!?

Theresa
Bumppo's Tavern Proprietress

Theresa
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - October 07 2003 :  07:22:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Unbelievable!! Some might be coming to visit from Wes's Message Board. Carter has notified those who were not aware of this site. Thanks, Carter!!

Theresa

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 10 2004 :  05:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Monday, March 8, 2004 - New Record: 3551!

Record broken on Tuesday, March 9, 2004. New single day high: 3654 visitors to this Site!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 24 2004 :  05:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thursday, September 23, 2004 - NEW RECORD! 3982!

Can 4000 be far off?

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - September 24 2004 :  05:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And... you're surprised??? Heck, September 23rd ALWAYS IS a special day...

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 08 2004 :  05:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thursday, October 7, 2004 [my little Sophia's 2nd Birthday]: 4376!

vincent
Pioneer

Calvin
USA

May 20 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 08 2004 :  3:13:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Nice going. These numbers substantiate that you have a good thing going over here...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 12 2004 :  05:12:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Monday, October 11, 2004: Up by exactly 100 unique visitors [site-wide] - 4476! How high can we go, I wonder?

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 09 2005 :  08:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
5999 - Thursday, January 6, 2005!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Finding The Mohican Board! Topic Next Topic: Photo Album?  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.53 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07