The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/3/2024 3:27:57 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The New Deal!
 The [Broken] Record ...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Finding The Mohican Board! Topic Next Topic: Photo Album?
Page: of 3

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 09 2005 :  1:53:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is great Rich!!! Can 6000 be far away?

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 09 2005 :  6:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

5999 - Thursday, January 6, 2005!

Holy Moly!! I wish I'd checked in that day to help make it 6000+ !

Just out of curiosity....do the numbers keep inching upward, or was the 5999 just a big spike in numbers? If it was a sudden spike, I'm really curious why...! I mean, all of us here know what a great site this is...I'm just curious why the numbers would spike on a given day...

It's great that there's so much interest...kind of tells you something, eh, Rich??!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 10 2005 :  05:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, yeah ... it was a "spike" ... a two-day spike. Went from 3111 on Tuesday to a whopping 5761 on Wednesday. Then, it peaked at the 5999 mentioned above, before dropping down to 3535 this past Friday.

Did LOTM air somewhere?

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 10 2005 :  09:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yes Rich I think LOTM aired late last week but I'm not sure of the channel...I think someone said a Fox movie channel maybe? I didn't see it; a co-worker told me about it.
Steph

joseph wiggs
Colonial Settler

USA

January 12 2005

Posted - January 16 2005 :  3:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have just recently discovered this forum and, I am glad to be here. The versification of subject matter is impressive. Thanks for the opportunity contribute to the forum.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 17 2005 :  05:35:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tuesday, March 15, 2005: 6705!!

14 years after the filming, 13 years after its release, 9 years after the web site was born ... smashed again! I realize the Internet community gets larger by the day, but not like this!

Diane B.
Colonial Militia

Dream Catcher 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 17 2005 :  3:04:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HUZZAH! This is WONDERFUL news, Rich!

LOTM - AND this website - are true treasures - and so are YOU! As for record numbers of "hits" on this site...THE SKY'S THE LIMIT!

Rattlesnake Woman

"The earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth." - Chief Seattle

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - March 17 2005 :  11:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich, this website ROCKS!!!!

I've noticed here in NJ, The Last Of The Mohicans has been on Direct tv, on a continious basis for the past three months. Probably, other cable companies are doing the same.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - March 18 2005 :  7:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that LOTM is on Direct TV again. I tuned into the Encore channel and noticed it's started at 6:05-8pm and it's going on again at 9:05-11pm tonight. I had to pause cause of course the kissing part came on, and I was melting....
Rich, probably this will make the #'s sky high again. Later everyone, must return to the movie....

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 16 2005 :  09:30:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thursday, April 14, 2005: 6849!

silentthunder
Pioneer

Hawkeye 4
USA

December 15 2004

Posted - April 16 2005 :  4:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

Thursday, April 14, 2005: 6849!

CONGRATULATIONS!! ONCE AGAIN RICH, YOU'RE THE MAN!!

You wouldn't believe how many times the movie has be on Direct TV. I was planning on posting each time here but I figured this thread has it's own significant meaning.

To get to the point, I haven't had to play my DVD in a while, since LOTM is on at least 4x's a week and I'm loving every second of it.

Mitaku Oyasin...
We are all related

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 02 2005 :  08:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Back-to-Back!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005: 6974!

Thursday, June 30, 2005: 7117!!

chasis_22
Colonial Settler

Mohican Brothers
USA

April 19 2003

Posted - July 08 2005 :  7:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Send chasis_22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW! Now if that doesn't tell you that the movie and the site are both incredible than nothing will! You go Rich!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - July 16 2005 :  09:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Friday, July 15, 2005: 7421!

Lurking Huron2718
Anonymous Guest

November 27 2002

Posted - August 23 2005 :  04:23:38 AM  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Does any one know what is wrong here?

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2005 :  08:03:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hmmm Nope! Can't say I do~

I won't be the least surprised when it passes 10,000!

Carter
Colonial Militia

Tiger
USA

August 28 2003

Donating Member

Posted - August 23 2005 :  09:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm amazed at the number of people who come to the site! Good job Rich!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 15 2005 :  06:20:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2005: 8171!!

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - September 15 2005 :  09:50:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As Carter said, "Good job, Rich!" Maybe lots of students have just gotten assignments to write a paper dealing with American Indians? Or has LOTM been shown on TV recently? Whatever the reason, I agree with GG that we'll hit 10,000 before too long.

Bookworm

"I've gotten so fascinated with the eighteenth century, I'm going to stay there." -- David McCullough

"Nothing to it, brother." -- Barack Obama

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 12 2005 :  05:57:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Monday, October 10, 2005 (Columbus Day) : 8481!!!!

3 of the past 7 days, we surpassed 8000 unique visitors. Now averaging well over 6000 per day. In the 3 years since this thread was started the record has increased by 6,000!

And so it goes ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 13 2005 :  05:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, that didn't last long ... and we skipped 9000 completely!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005: 10,205!!!!

This was caused largely by a sudden spike in the number of visits to one, usually relatively obscure, page [1987 unique visitors to this page alone]: Natty Bumppo: Trailing the Pathfinder ... Are ya listening, She Who Tracks???? Well done!

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 13 2005 :  09:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Gadget Girl

Hmmm Nope! Can't say I do~

I won't be the least surprised when it passes 10,000!

Tooooooold ya!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 23 2005 :  09:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wednesday, October 18, 2005: 11,316!!!

Followed by what would have been a record breaker the next day, Thursday, October 19, 2005: 10,222!!!

The 2 days or so where the board was down due to a database move to a new server, counts were dramatically off. Then, yesterday [Saturday - which used to see results like 600-1000, or so], we were up to 7,000 plus.

If only all these visits resulted in book sales - I could retire!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 21 2006 :  06:21:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Sunday, March 19, 2006: 11,541!!

Monday, March 20, 2006: 12,827!!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - March 22 2006 :  07:22:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tuesday, March 21, 2006: 12,829!!!
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Finding The Mohican Board! Topic Next Topic: Photo Album?  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.39 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07