The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/17/2024 2:20:16 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The French & Indian War
 F&I Pictures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Hairstyles Topic Next Topic: Birth of America  

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 17 2005

Posted - June 11 2007 :  5:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those of you who like pictures (and who doesn't like pictures) I found the website of a photographer who was at Fort Ontario (Oswego) last August and took a lot of good pictures. He has one set for each day. Just scroll down until you find them under "6Fort Ontario". And I am in some of them!

http://www.zphotos.smugmug.com/

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"
report to moderator

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - June 11 2007 :  11:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
O man, they make me really want to get back into the game! If only I was 100 years younger...
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 12 2007 :  4:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those are some good picture Fitz, - which ones are you in?

you can keep "The Change"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 12 2007 :  7:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
About a half dozen that I can clearly make out. I am the one in the white shirt and red cap

Probably some copyright issues with linking a pic, so follow the hyperlink and I am just behind the Marine (Louis Valiquette) on his left.

http://www.zphotos.smugmug.com/photos/88859022-O.jpg

Left click on the picture and it will zoom in.

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 12 2007 :  7:27:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Heys, - that's good Fitz. No question about who's side you're on, talking about looking like a Frenchman! There were a few other pictures that were "interesting" too, - had nothing to do with history though. ;)

you can keep "The Change"

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 13 2007 :  10:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was a little disappointing that there were not any pictures of the native camp. It was great! And especially on Saturday night, after dark, right next to Lake Ontario, with a thick hedge and trees between the camp and anything modern. There was a full moon with clouds blowing past it. The Iroquois built a huge bonfire and one had a water drum. Singing, dancing, with the lake just behind them, in the heart of the traditional Iroquois country. Words really can't describe it. The only thing better was one young lady who was dressed as a Iroquois warrior. Probably not correct, but no one complained. In fact, we complimented her on her efforts!

halfbreed
Pioneer

June 18 2006

Posted - June 16 2007 :  11:45:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
i was there last year, great event. never seen so many french. ive reviewed those pictures, iam in one. it was the pic of the milice drilling in the post cemetary. cant wait for crown point.
h-b

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 17 2007 :  12:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Halfbreed, I was in the cemetery also, when Bruce Egli was going through the drill, and later when George Rogers was discussing Milice dress and accoutrements. I am in the pic but behind someone else. What unit were you with?

halfbreed
Pioneer

June 18 2006

Posted - June 17 2007 :  10:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
fitz,
we are a somewhat new milice group. we started back in 04 at crown point and oswego the last 2 years. for years we did rangers,but with my persistance we are now full time french. milice de st.jean is what we came up with. we will be at crown point in august. www.hmisite.com
h-b

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 17 2007 :  11:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hope to see you there. I will be the one in the white shirt and red tuque

Actually, I may have a Marine uniform by then. Or at least most of one. It just depends on the speed of the seamstress.

halfbreed
Pioneer

June 18 2006

Posted - June 18 2007 :  11:08:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
white shirt and red tuque, that would be me as well! ive improved my impression over the winter, i now have the correct soliers de boeuf and will be lugging a really nice club butt fowler that my friend built for me. very french almost like a fusil de buccaneer. iam sure we will meet up.
h-b
  Previous Topic: Hairstyles Topic Next Topic: Birth of America  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.38 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07