The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/2/2024 3:07:31 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 Kyfrontiersman??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Frontier Bibles Topic Next Topic: The Many Faces of Clan Munro  

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 13 2008 :  11:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody heard from our friend Mike lately? He hasn't posted here is about 6 months!
report to moderator

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 13 2008 :  3:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
In mid-September he contacted me with this:

Hi again, it's me, ole Simon Kenton, Squire Boone, or Mike Rumping???
Starting to feel like i've got multiple personality problems.(LOL) Just returned home from Friendship, Indiana at the Muzzleloading Championship Shoots, as Simon Kenton, and then we're doing another performance tomorrow in Ripley, Ohio at the tobacco museum for some goofy politicians (lawyer types). Then 2 days later have to go to West Liberty, Kentucky to Morehead State Campus and doing 2 performances as Squire Boone, & I even got permission to carry my flintlock rifle, knife and tomahawk on to the campus to the auditorium, that's unusual with today's society. But then again we're talking Kentucky. Gotta love country folk. Just wanted to say 'HI' to you.
Mike & Nancy

I am not sure why he stopped posting here.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Dillon1836
Deerslayer

richfed
USA

July 17 2003

Posted - November 13 2008 :  3:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dillon1836's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey gang,

Just spoke to Mike the other night on the phone. He's been extremely busy lately. He's been reenacting, fighting off colds, and just recently got a new puppy.

I'll give him the heads up!

~Wade

www.alamosentry.com

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - November 13 2008 :  4:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Mike is a regular on the Frontier Folks message board and posted there in the last day or so. But he has been scarce as of late. And once in a while someone named "Joyce B" posts there, too. I don't know who that might be!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 13 2008 :  5:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by richfed

In mid-September he contacted me with this:

..... I even got permission to carry my flintlock rifle, knife and tomahawk on to the campus to the auditorium, that's unusual with today's society. But then again we're talking Kentucky. Gotta love country folk. .....

Reminds me of that great line from the movie "Shooter." "Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shooting things."

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - November 13 2008 :  9:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
He just messaged me this morning through myspace. He's been well and I keep telling him he needs to make an appearance on the mohican board. We do miss him here. Anyhow, like Wade said, he's busy with his new pup and family. I'll let him know that his presence is requested.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

"Live well, love much, laugh often!"

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - November 13 2008 :  10:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey all, the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated! I apologize for being absent for so long. No excuses, except to say that I have missed being here.
Mike

http://rumpingproductions.org/
"Kentucke, situated on the fertile banks of the great Ohio, rising
from obscurity to shine with splendor, equal to any other of the
stars of the American hemisphere." ...... John Filson

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - November 13 2008 :  11:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's what's had me busy lately, that is the last 3 days. LOL Before that it's been my gall bladder, oh, by the way, would anyone like to volunteer to take it out for me? Now, I said, 'take out my gall bladder' not to 'gut me'. For if I die, you'll not split my plunder, my wife said it goes to her next husband. LOL Just kidding, I hope. Here's pictures of a new puppy we got 3 days ago. We're now calling her 'Scamp'. She seems to answer to that better, and she is one too. She likes to attack my toes and anything else she can. LOL If anyone has an idea what kind of dog she might be, let us know, OK? I thought at 1st maybe a little bit of Shepherd/Mountain Cur, but now I'm wondering if she's possibly got some Terrier in her? Personally I think there might have been a lot of teepee creepin in her family. She's starting to get used to us now, took her a ride in the car yesterday and wore her out. She slept thru the night, and not one accident in the house yet. She's from the Navaho Reservation in Arizona. Our neighbor's daughter was recently out there with a friend and saw her trying to find food. She was starving, so she jumped into the friend's arms, and was brought back. Here's a few pics of her.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/Kentucke/Soonerpic03.jpg[/IMG]

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/Kentucke/Soonerpic01.jpg[/IMG]

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f309/Kentucke/Soonerpic09.jpg[/IMG]

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 14 2008 :  10:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Fitzhugh Williams

And once in a while someone named "Joyce B" posts there, too. I don't know who that might be!

Neither do I!!

Mike,

Scamp is absolutely gorgeous! What pretty coloring she has, and what a cutie! As to what she is... difficult to tell. She probably has a very long lineage of plain ol' mutt in her. As you say... tee-pee creepin'. (I love that!) Anyway, I think you have yourself a little winner there. I doubt you will be sorry you took her in.

Good to hear from you again!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Kyfrontiersman
Colonial Militia

Boonesborough photo

November 18 2004

Posted - November 20 2008 :  02:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyfrontiersman's Homepage  Send Kyfrontiersman an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you WW my friend, it's nice to be back on the board again. Our dear friend 'blackfootblood' informed me I better, or she'd be huntin my scalp. LOL

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2008 :  09:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyfrontiersman

Thank you WW my friend, it's nice to be back on the board again. Our dear friend 'blackfootblood' informed me I better, or she'd be huntin my scalp. LOL

LOL, I'm know for my trackin' skills!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!"

Obediah
Mohicanland Statesman

Skull 5
USA

August 16 2006

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2008 :  2:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yep, she tried to find him in Kain-tuck-ee & ended up in Tejas! Go figure...

blackfootblood
Devoted Tribal Member

homecoming
USA

May 22 2007

Donating Member

Posted - November 20 2008 :  3:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Obediah

Yep, she tried to find him in Kain-tuck-ee & ended up in Tejas! Go figure...

LOL, okay, so I got alittle lost I guess I made the mistake by not stopping and asking for directions!

Previous Topic: Frontier Bibles Topic Next Topic: The Many Faces of Clan Munro  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.28 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07