The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 2:04:48 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 COLONIAL TIMES
 The Muster
 History Meets the Arts 2010
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Spanish Colonial Muskets Topic Next Topic: 250th Anniversary of the Siege of Fort Niagara  

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2010 :  2:38:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the inside front cover of the March/April issue of Muzzleloader is a small ad for History Meets the Arts at Gettysburg, and this year's dates -- June 18-20 -- are later in the year than past events have been. Do the organizers of the event think that this change will result in bigger crowds and/or better weather? Will the Augusta Regiment be attending?

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley
report to moderator

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 28 2010 :  4:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, Mary.....there is some kind of a conflict with Lord Nelson's, I understand, and the HMTA committee or the town, not exactly sure....just what I have picked up from 'leaks'.... so they moved to June to fall in with another festival of some kind. We have it on the calendar, but the usual very small attendance we have had will likely be the rule again. In fact, it may be even smaller; two guys have told me they cannot attend because of some silly family things, like kids getting married. With our/my luck, we will still have crappy weather! I will be there, at least, no matter what the weather is or who else comes.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - March 28 2010 :  5:28:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, that will be one week after I come back from a week in Santa Fe, so I'll probably be tired, sunburned, broke, and reluctant to expose myself to PA's summer humidity, but if I can surmount those drawbacks I'll come see you. Are you expecting Joyce to attend? And speaking of absent ones . . . ?

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley

Seamus

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - March 28 2010 :  5:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Don't know about her attendance yet. The call to muster has not gone out to the troops.....way too soon.

She is visiting her dad at the moment.

Life's journey is not to

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 02 2010 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm here... got back from Oregon a couple of days ago.

Well, I am confused now. I thought we decided not to put it on our event calendar, due to the uncertainty of whether our usual sponsor would be participating. I'll need to consider this...

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Seamus

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - April 02 2010 :  1:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
It was tentative, pending our sponsor's decision to attend. It has since been resolved in the affirmative. I intend to be there, even if it's just me. If it so be, I will do my own thing in the period represented.

Life's journey is not to

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

Previous Topic: Spanish Colonial Muskets Topic Next Topic: 250th Anniversary of the Siege of Fort Niagara  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07