The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
3/28/2024 4:38:37 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Adorable Ariel's Auction Area
 2010 Auction for Ariel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Ariels 12th Grade Graduation photos Topic Next Topic: DONATIONS FOR ARIEL  

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - April 04 2010 :  10:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 2010 Gathering - a little over 2 months away. Can it be? My first Gathering was in 2000, and my Gathering memories since then are...well... beyond anything I could have imagined back then. The people, the places, the fun, the drama. Every one of those Gathering years has touched my life in remarkable ways. And talk about touching my life...Ariel has certainly done that! She is a special little girl who has a phenomenal family. Born with many congenital abnormalities, including no eyes and heart defects, Ariel and her loving family have traveled a long road of numerous medical procedures and hospitalizations. Her journey continues with future surgeries to come. That's why we have helped in the past and why we are helping again this year.

Today I found my thoughts wandering to the Gathering, Ariel, and our auction for her. The weather has turned sunny and warm, June-like even, and I was listening to Bill Miller on my car CD player today. I remembered 2002 when I had the honor of being in charge of Ariel's auction for the first time. I will NEVER, NEVER forget the magical moments at Spirits on the River when Bill's performance just blew us away,and one of his wonderful prints was raffled to benefit Ariel.

Since 2000 the generous, big-hearted folks who have attended the Gatherings(and even some who haven't)have raised many thousands of dollars for Ariel and her family by donating and/or bidding on lots of great silent auction items. If you're attending this year's Gathering (or not), please consider donating something to our auction. Save your pennies so you can bid on something. It's great fun, but it also gives us a purpose that goes BEYOND the fun.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to hear about your donations. You can bring them with you to the Gathering or mail them to me. I will personally see to it that they get to Ashville safe and sound! My email is jaynesaddy@sbcglobal.net.

Just to give you a little nudge, here are some of the items donated at past Gatherings: LOTM-related stuff, baskets filled with items from a person's local area, French & Indian War period items, Native American jewelry, books, pictures, handmade crafts...And the list goes on. Be creative!

I look forward to hearing from you all. If you look around this forum, you can see what has happened with auctions from past years!

Thanks to all! See you in June!
Jayne
Ariel's Auction coordinator

report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 08 2010 :  09:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jayne,
What a wonderful message, and thank you so much for stepping up to the plate as coordinator of Ariel's Auction. June will be here before we know it, and I've already got a few things in mind which I will be donating to the Auction. I hope everyone else will plan to bring along some special items for this worthy cause. It is so exciting and almost unbelievable that Ariel, Kyle, and Lori will be joining us once again. They have really touched so many hearts here in Mohicanland, and I hope people will take this opportunity to come and meet them and participate in the auction. It is not only a worthy fundraiser for this special girl with needs most of us can't even imagine, but it's also great fun and you get to go home with a neat item you might not otherwise have!
Thanks again Jayne, for all you do, and I'm looking forward to the Auction!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - April 08 2010 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be on vacation in Santa Fe from June 5 through June 12, and if I should happen to spot Wes Studi, I'll gather up all my courage to ask for his autograph and then send it along to you. Without a charitable motive I'd probably feel too awkward to ask, but for you guys . . . .

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - April 15 2010 :  9:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Ohhh, Bookworm!

If you see him, remind him - he was there...Gathering 2001 (at least I think it was 2001)!! Such a comedian! Wes Studi's autograph - what a great auction item! Hope you see him.

Yer welcome, Steph!

Jayne

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 17 2010 :  10:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Jayne,
I wish that we could be there this year, but between the arrival of our great-granddaughter on the middle of June (we will be in Savannah around this time), our trip to Texas in July, and then Michael and Kim's wedding in October, we won't be able to make it this year.
But, I will get up some goodies and send them to you next month. If I see that I'm not able to send the goodies, then I will send you a check. I urge everybody to try and do what they can for this adorable little girl and her special family!!! Even if you have never been to a Gathering, please think about helping out. You will be glad that you did!!! Jayne, please give Ariel and her family a big hug for me.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - April 17 2010 :  11:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll be on vacation in Santa Fe from June 5 through June 12, and if I should happen to spot Wes Studi, I'll gather up all my courage to ask for his autograph and then send it along to you. Without a charitable motive I'd probably feel too awkward to ask, but for you guys . . . .

BW,
I LOVE Santa Fe. I would love to go back there some day. I hope that you have a wonderful time!!!
If you do bump into Wes, he would be glad to give you his autograph. He is a very gracious person. I hope that you do get to see him, but probably the best time to see him is during Indian Market in August, but you just never know, you may go to a restaurant and Wes might be sitting at a table right next to you.

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:21:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kay!

Sorry I missed your post! Haven't had a chance to check in lately. You're so good to offer a donation for Ariel even though you won't be at the Gathering . Thanks much, and you have a wonderful rest of the year with all that's going on! Sounds like an exciting few months are in store.

Hugs,
Jayne

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - June 23 2010 :  11:45:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Gathering is over. Once again we Gatherers have taken home many wonderful memories of beautiful places, friendships made and rekindled, and adventures one after another! Some of those memories include a sweet girl named Ariel, her family, and her many generous friends who participated in the auction with donations and purchases! Our group was small, but hearts were BIG! We raised nearly $700 to help Ariel and her family. Thanks to each and every one of you who participated in some way to this traditional good cause!

Special thanks to Kay and Mary (Bookworm) who did not attend the Gathering but still sent donations! We missed you!

Our love and best wishes to Ariel who faces yet another heart surgery this summer. We hope our donation will help ease the burden in some way.

Jayne
  Previous Topic: Ariels 12th Grade Graduation photos Topic Next Topic: DONATIONS FOR ARIEL  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.33 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07