The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 4:06:25 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Adorable Ariel's Auction Area
 DONATIONS FOR ARIEL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: 2010 Auction for Ariel Topic Next Topic: All I Really Need To Know...  

Jayne
Overseer of Ariel's Auction

Oak Leaf

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - May 08 2010 :  5:57:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you thinking of what YOU can donate to Ariel's Auction this year? Only 6 weeks until the Gathering, but still plenty of time to come up with those great ideas for donations.

I was looking back at some auction bid sheets from previous years. Wow! We sure have had some great items offered up in the past! Just to name a few: jewelry, cookbooks, T-shirts, a Cora doll (beautifully handmade by Wilderness Woman), beaded bags, wampum, decorated wooden boxes, LOTM items (movies, books, magazines, photos, prints, music, etc), paintings and prints, F & I War computer game (thanks Rich), bath salts, ornaments, baskets filled with local items, and for the "old-timers" - remember the Ping and Lemon Shrub?? The list goes on and on, but if you're having a problem trying to decide what to give - well, this gives you a few examples.

This is a most worthy cause, so do be in touch about what you might be bringing (or sending) to help raise funds for Ariel. Just post it here or send me an email at jaynesaddy@sbcglobal.net.

Many thanks!
Jayne
report to moderator

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 10 2010 :  11:06:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will be donating a set of the original movie cards from the movie. I have all eight of them!
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Karen W
Colonial Settler

Hair Feathers
USA

June 04 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 11 2010 :  4:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, I have at least one pair of earring to donate. I have a poster sized print of a Thomas Cole landscape that is a scene from LOTM, done in 1826. Will probably do a basket of local Brown County items. Also think I have a couple of books about Daniel Day-Lewis that I can part with. I hope that helps!

BookwormMG
Deerslayer

USA

August 12 2009

Donating Member

Posted - May 11 2010 :  8:05:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'll send you something Indian-made from Santa Fe, Jayne (assuming I don't get Wes Studi's autograph). Not a dreamcatcher, though -- Seamus says those aren't authentic. Could you send me your address and/or the Sleep Inn address, whichever you think would be better? Kay, I know about the vendors who sell their wares under the portal of the Palace of the Governors, so that's where I'll look first, unless you have other suggestions.

"Glory, glory, hallelujah, welcome to the future!" -- Brad Paisley

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - May 11 2010 :  9:55:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, I like it! Thanks, ladies!

Bookworm, send me an email and I'll get back to you. Santa Fe - I'm jealous!

Jayne

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 18 2010 :  8:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow sounds like some great items for Ariel's Auction this year, just like in the past. I have a few items I need to dig out. One of them is a large, laminated color poster/map of the Blue Ridge Parkway, suitable for framing of course! I've been squirreling away other items which I can't even remember right now and might even surprise myself once I get them out.
This year we are so lucky once again to have Ariel and her mom Lori and brother Kyle in attendance. I can't tell you how wonderful it was in 2008 to finally meet this special family we had heard so much about over the years. All three of them made such an impression on me, and I'm excited and honored to be part of this year's Ariel's Auction.
So.... what's your special item, Mohican-related or not? Karen mentioned an excellent idea of a basket of goodies from a Gatherer's hometown. This has been a huge hit in the past and is a good way to show off special items from the wide variety of places we come from. So start thinking now about what you'd like to donate to this auction which goes to help the family of a seriously ill little girl.

Jayne

Oak Leaf

May 23 2002

Posted - May 19 2010 :  3:19:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Here's a cool new donation! An LOTM promotional folder from Twentieth Century Fox that includes 6 glossy, 8 x 11 photos featuring 8 different scenes from the movie; a complete listing of all the movie credits dated August 26, 1992; a 2-page press release with blanks for filling in an opening date and movie theater; and a 23-page document that includes lots of information about how the movie was created, what inspired it, and paragraphs that tell about each cast member and each of the main production people (i.e. director, producer, director of photography, costume designer, etc.)

I'll be needin some help coming up with the opening bid on THIS one!!

Jayne
  Previous Topic: 2010 Auction for Ariel Topic Next Topic: All I Really Need To Know...  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07