The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/24/2024 11:11:42 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 A Personal Update!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: 2 Days at the Hospital ... Topic Next Topic: E-Mail of the Week
Page: of 3

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 13 2010 :  07:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Perhaps I misstated my intention - I will stop posting here IN THIS THREAD about this mess. Or, so I feel now ... very up and down. I'll be around.
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 13 2010 :  09:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I think that what people are trying to say to you, Rich, is that you should NOT stop posting in this thread. If you feel the need to talk... talk to us right here. We will listen and we may offer advice, which you can take or leave. But just know that we care about you and your well-being.

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

shadawick
Colonial Settler

USA

August 19 2009

Posted - October 13 2010 :  10:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Wilderness Woman

I think that what people are trying to say to you, Rich, is that you should NOT stop posting in this thread. If you feel the need to talk... talk to us right here. We will listen and we may offer advice, which you can take or leave. But just know that we care about you and your well-being.

I agree 100% with WW!
Hope your having a "better day today!"

Kay
Colonial Settler

USA

January 06 2009

Posted - October 13 2010 :  10:31:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I know that neither one of us really "knows" each other. However,despite this and the fact that I haven't been around here much, I truly think of you and everyone on the board most every day- you're never far from my mind. Even though we are more like passing aquaintances then friends (as I am with everyone else on here) I like knowing that all of you "Kindred Spirits" as I like to say, are out there in the world. Knowing you are there does me good. I have some very close friends in my life who are going through extremely stressful and at times absolutely devasting experiences but that doesn't change my feelings for them one bit. They are as important to me as ever! That being said, I admire you and the board very much, you are in my prayers, and I hope that you and all of us get through the day to day so when the time is right- we'll all still be one Mohicanland and I will get the chance to see you in person. So hang on and keep in touch!

Kay

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 23 2010 :  10:26:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Brief update ... I am crazy!!!!

Had a face-to-face with the psycho-nerd who did that memory assessment test on me. This was a review and results meeting done this past Thursday afternoon before he fired off the results to my regular doctor and my "therapist". Turns out, I scored the very highest in the memory section of the test!! Go figure! My lowest scores came in the attention sections. Combining this with my MRI results, I can confidently state there are no tumors, lesions, or any other brain defects, no signs of Alzheimer's or dementia ... there is nothing wrong up there. Simply put, I am just a loon!

All my symptoms can be attributed to stress and anxiety that has become worse and worse over the last several years and life-long, albeit in spurts, chronic depression that has really never been treated - all exacerbated by my insomnia. It's my own version of which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Now, for a place to live ... anybody need a roommate?

shadawick
Colonial Settler

USA

August 19 2009

Posted - October 23 2010 :  10:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Rich, That is great news that there is no "physical," problem!
The Depression, anxiety and insomnia can be dealt with!
I have a good feeling that you are just around the corner to feeling better both physical and emotional!
Bottom line you are NOT CRAZY, your just like a lot of other folks. The economic fiasco we are in, has and is taking it's toll on millions, oftentimes, those folks lose their health insurance which also limits access to health care.
I am sorry that I don't have a solution to your housing problem, but would suggest something that a friend of mine is doing. Basically he is a property caretaker or house-sitter if you will, especially for a lot of the seasonal folks from Florida. It gives him room, a variety in his life and the occasional outdoor and physical activity has helped his overall health. If your interested you might want to run an "ad," in your local paper.
I have and will continue to hold you in my daily prayers!

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

May 08 2010

Posted - October 23 2010 :  11:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Could not agree with shadawick morewhenever we feel that we are the only ones going through somethingbe it physical, emotional, spiritual, mental, social, whatever--we have to take some comfort in knowing that we are not alone in our struggles, that millions of others are going through the same thing and often times many are going through something much worse. The only difference is how we a handle it and what works to make us better. As difficult as it can be, counting the blessings we do have and being proactive is always a good start. And I think you are doing just that, Rich.

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb

Seamus
Guardian of Heaven's Gate

Skull 2
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - October 24 2010 :  07:16:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Seamus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Glad to know you are like the rest of us, Sachem!

Huzzah!!

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'...holy sh*t ...what a ride!'

~~Mavis Leyrer, Seattle

Seamus

~~Aim small, hit the b*****d right between the eyes!~~

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 04 2010 :  11:44:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Summary:
  • MRI - Negative
  • Memory Assessment - Negative
  • Counseling - Medication & Therapy proceeding nicely
  • Sleep Clinic - scheduled in mid-January
  • Financial situation - Horrendous
  • All-in-all - Better, but a very unstable situation for me at "home"

shadawick
Colonial Settler

USA

August 19 2009

Posted - December 04 2010 :  12:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update!

Just a reminder, If it weren't for the bad times, we could not really appreciate the good!

I know Christmas can bring it's own stresses and emotions so try, try, try to draw from good friends and share their Christmas spirit and activities. It can help greatly over the holidays!

Rich, I continue to hold you in my daily prayers!

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - December 04 2010 :  9:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
LISTEN to them Rich. It's better to talk than to crawl into a hole, or shut out those who can best help you withstand the storm. And, of course, there is One who is most able to give peace and calm any storm. You have my prayers my old friend. Trust me, He can accomplish miracles. Going from Stage Four congestive heart failure to back to normal overnight qualify as a miracle? Ask any nurse.........He CAN help you.

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 05 2010 :  10:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Holy Cow!!!! What a pleasant surprise! Our Head Gnome has returned! Whatever will happen next? Will Doc M suddenly reappear, as well???

Seriously, Bill, it is good to hear from you, although I am sorry to learn of your health problems. It sounds as though they have been resolved, and yes... Miracles Do Happen!

Stick around for a while!

"It is more deeply stirring to my blood than any imaginings could possibly have been."

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - December 05 2010 :  5:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks WW. That's kind of you to say. I still have some health issues, but God has been VERY good to Betty and I over these last few years. Hope you've been blessed richly also!

I have full confidence that you So'thron gals will keep an eye on Rich and be there for him.

Of all the blessings in life that might come our way, friends are the most meaningful. You guys have been a great blessing to Rich, and I know that will continue.

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 06 2010 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
HEY BILL!

I was just thinking about you and Betty the other day. I washed up the sweet little tab quilt Betty sent to me the year we picked you up for the gathering and of course you both came to mind. Glad to "see" you here and see you still visit old familiar paths

Big Hugs to you both and Merry Christmas!

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - December 06 2010 :  3:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks GG! You, and many other of the LOTM women I have known, are among the sweetest, most genuinely good hearted women I've had the fortune to know. I'd completely forgotten about that quilt thang Betty had made for you! She's still quilting, still keeping me in line, still making sure I am a "compliant patient" and all. We have become heavily involved in our church, and our church family replicates the sweetness and goodness you guys down there in the Carolinas and Georgia first introduced me to. Hope you have a very merry Chistmas down that way. God bless you GG.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 07 2010 :  5:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow Bill, glad to see you back from your 'walk-about'

How have you been?

YMH&OS,
The Sarge

Serjeant-Major Duncan Munro
Capt. Thos. Graham's Coy.
42nd Royal Highland Regiment of Foote
(The Black Sheep of the Black Watch)

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
-Or-
"Recruit locally, fight globally."

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - December 09 2010 :  12:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah Sarge, I've been wandering for quite some time, huh? How've I been? That's a story in and of itself. Health wise, have had my ups and downs, but always God had his hand in it.
As for all other aspects, life has gotten better every year. Maybe because I've finally come to realize what is most important in life, and all the rest is dross. Betty and I celebrated our tenth anniversary in November. This past June, we went to Israel with 6 other folks from our church. Betty had never been out of the country before. Quite an advencha!

Bill R
Colonial Militia

Farm Gnome
USA

July 03 2002

Posted - December 09 2010 :  12:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread here Rich! This was about YOU, and I do pray things are getting better for you, and your Christmas will be a good one. How can it not be so, surrounded by such good and stalwart friends as you have here, eh? What a blessing it is to drop in after years, and see the same good friends of yours still here, and still supporting you. It's a blessing to you Rich.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 11 2010 :  09:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hijacking threads is a long standing tradition on the Mohican Board, Bill!!! Very good to see you poking around again!!!!!! Thanks for your concern ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 16 2011 :  3:48:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I guess Paxil is a life saver. Feel so much better ... the causes of axiety, stress, and depression are still there, but the feelings aren't so intense. My sleep test was to be tonight, but the sleep clinic decided no more Sundays and canceled me. Rats ... another time.

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 23 2011 :  7:42:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

I wish you enough!!

Love ya Rich!

RedFraggle
Mohicanite

Redhead

October 13 2006

Posted - January 25 2011 :  3:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit RedFraggle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich---I know I'm hardly ever on the boards anymore, but I just read your posts in this thread and wanted to say, for what it's worth, that my thoughts and prayers are with you. Very sorry you've hit such difficult times. To borrow from a verse in 3 John, "I pray that, in all matters, you will have things go well for you and you will be well."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 26 2011 :  8:23:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks GG and RedFraggle and all for your compassion ... Where am I going to live is my biggest immediate concern. Pretty nerve-wracking and looking grim.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 08 2011 :  2:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thought I'd update this topic:

Though I am still nuts, , things are getting better. I feel better - old, maybe, but better -- the foreclosure issues with the house I live in have been resolved, finally, after nearly 2 years and several hearings [most of which were canceled], and Lainey and I are talking a little more civilly these days - working on issues.

Now, if only the Dallas Cowboys would get to a darn super bowl again!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 08 2011 :  4:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The Cow Pokes aren't going anywhere as long as Romo is the qb. ... ;)

you can keep "The Change"
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: 2 Days at the Hospital ... Topic Next Topic: E-Mail of the Week  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07