The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/28/2024 9:45:23 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The Last of the Mohicans ...
 20th Anniversary of LOTM at Chimney Rock Park
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Hawkeye and Cora:  The Kiss! Topic Next Topic: North and South, Book II  

ChimneyRockPark
Lost in the Wilderness

Huron 3
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
March 09 2012

Posted - March 09 2012 :  10:40:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit ChimneyRockPark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Alas, the 20th Anniversary of the LOTM movie release is here! What are you doing to celebrate? We'd love to know... How about showing the movie outdoors surrounded by the scenery of the LOTM? Chimney Rock at Chimney Rock State Park is stepping up and showing the movie in the Park for the public on Saturday, June 16th at dusk. Plus a silent auction of LOTM souvenirs. And we are considering hosting guided hikes out to the waterfall and handing out flyers describing about the film locations in the Hickory Nut Gorge. Let us know what you think! Details on Anniversary celebration below... Will you join us for another great Gathering?

Movie on the Meadows: The Last of the Mohicans
Date/Time: Saturday, June 16; Movie starts at 8:55pm.
Watch The Last of the Mohicans outdoors where parts of this epic romantic adventure film starring Daniel Day-Lewis were originally filmed. Marvel at the beauty of the Hickory Nut Gorges towering rock cliffs, lush landscape and 404-foot waterfall on the big screen while the scenery surrounds you! Bring your sweetheart or friends for an evening of fun, suspense and adventure as we celebrate the 20-year anniversary of the film release. Pre-show entertainment will be provided; movie starts at dusk.
Link to Event: http://www.chimneyrockpark.com/events/month_view.php?&monthYear=2012&month=06#E513

Image Insert:

69.68 KB

ChimneyRockPark
report to moderator

Donna
Colonial Settler

last of the mohicans
USA

May 17 2002

Posted - May 02 2012 :  7:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Donna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I see they added more info on this movie night on their May Newsletter.
"Mohicans fever is running high around the Park this year for the movie's 20-year release anniversary! We're counting down the days to the outdoor showing at Movie on the Meadows June 16. Some pre-movie entertainment may include afternoon guided hikes to learn where various film scenes were shot in Chimney Rock and Hickory Nut Gorge. Also, just before the show, a couple of folks who were here when the movie was filmed will talk about what it was like to host celebrities, film crews and extras at the Park! The event will run from about 7:30 to 11pm, but come ahead to check out our trails, the scenery and filming spots. Event parking will be $5 per car, or park for free with your receipt for paid Park admission for June 16. For more details as the event nears, check our online events calendar."

Been onboard since 1998.

"Push hard, 'cos you got to clear the French outpost by dawn."
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 09 2012 :  4:40:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
One week from tonight if you are interested in attending!!

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - June 09 2012 :  5:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am planning on going. What about you? Marion is right down the road.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 09 2012 :  7:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hard to believe it's been 20 years, ...

you can keep "The Change"

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 09 2012 :  9:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I would LOVE to go. It's amazing it's been so long since I've visited NC. I miss the Gatherings - they were definitely memories of a lifetime!

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 16 2012 :  1:51:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Tonight, if you're in the neighborhood! Enjoy!

caitlin
Bumppos Tavern Patron

MMBrand
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - June 20 2012 :  7:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit caitlin's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
So.... did anyone get a chance to go this past weekend?

Jack McCall: "Should we shake hands or something, relieve the atmosphere. I mean how stupid do you think I am?"
Wild Bill Hickok: "I don't know, I just met you."

"A nation with no regard to it's past will have little future worth remembering."
A.Lincoln

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 23 2012 :  3:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Many posts and picture on Facebook, Caitlin ... sounds like the film was spectacular on the system used there. I heard about 800 folks showed up.

IWLFNDU
Colonial Settler

IWLFNDU
USA

May 08 2010

Posted - June 24 2012 :  1:02:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
WOW! Those pics are AMAZING! What a treat for all those folks. How wonderful so many people showed up. Hickory Nut Falls...always looking spectacular. Ah, memories.

''Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned, and the last fish has been caught, will we realize that we cannot eat money.''

~ Cree Proverb
  Previous Topic: Hawkeye and Cora:  The Kiss! Topic Next Topic: North and South, Book II  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.31 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07