The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/24/2024 11:16:28 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AGAINST ALL ODDS MESSAGE BOARD - Mohicans Version
 Any Other Military Encounters - 1492 - Present
 Bushy Run August 5-6th 1763
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Horseshoe Bend Topic Next Topic: Memorial Day 2002  

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 23 2002

Posted - June 17 2002 :  11:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are soon approaching the anniversary of this pivotal battle that saved Ft.Pitt and ended Pontiac's Uprising in South Western Pennsylvania.When Col.Henri Bouquet left Ft.Ligonier with his relief column for Ft.Pitt(which had been besieged,and not heard from in several weeks)he was ambushed and later surrounded by indians(including some of the fort's besiegers).He then found himself in a predicament much like Gen.Edward Braddock did some several years earlier.In a desperate attempt at a breakout,he had two companies of his highlanders feign retreat,then outflank the indians who thought that they were swooping in for an easy victory.The Native American forces were then routed and Bouquet was able to lift the siege of Ft.Pitt.This did not end Pontiac's War in the rest of the theater,as the Native Americans scored consecutive victories at "Bloody Run" near Ft.Detroit and "Devil's Hole" outside of Ft.Niagra.It did however put and end to the rebellion in Southwestern Pennsylvania.If Ft.Pitt had fallen,it is unlikely that the City of Pittsburgh would have been built,which later became the springboard for settlement in the west.

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.
report to moderator

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 09 2002 :  02:10:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Lietenant, we really ought to get RM up to speed on the third movie with the 240th coming up in '03.

Your Humble Attack NCO,

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 09 2002 :  03:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
RM will be more than accomodating on that I'm sure,especially after he sees the interest that results from George Washington's first War.It wouldn't hurt to start preparations on that one.Like making a mock-up of Capt.FeatherSword's head to put on a stake.Now where did I put Tom Savini's phone number?

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 18 2002 :  2:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
That is why I chose 'Captain Feathersword' for the part of Lt. Gordon. Because he was first tortured, then decapitated. His head was then placed on a stake, with his eyelids cut off.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Edmund McKinnon
Colonial Settler

Bat-Man
USA

May 23 2002

Posted - October 18 2002 :  8:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Might be an improvement. I know the lasses would dig it.EM

Edmond N.Highlander Jr.

SgtMunro
Soldier of the King

Knight
USA

September 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 18 2002 :  9:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit SgtMunro's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And it may help clear up his thinking. Get him back onto the reservation, so to speak.

Sgt. Duncan Munro
Capt. Graham's Coy
1/42nd Royal Highlanders

Previous Topic: Horseshoe Bend Topic Next Topic: Memorial Day 2002  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.19 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07