The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/19/2024 9:58:20 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 My Blog
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Next Page

Author Previous Topic: Mohican Press Goes Facebook Topic Next Topic: Latest Edition of the Locations Guide Book Available!
Page: of 2

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 25 2014 :  1:03:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know I don't post all that much around here these days, but if you want to keep up with my very exciting life [NOT] I have a blog up via Word Press. I welcome anyone to come & visit. A new posting is usually there at noon on Thursdays, plus some assorted posts may appear on special days. Richard's Meanderings

Enjoy!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - October 29 2014 :  1:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good post Rich ... enjoyed it.
Judging Columbus or any other explorer by todays morals, standards and/or laws is stupid beyond words, just like PC is today. The world was a different place and what was and was not acceptable are light years apart. - Insofar as spreading diseases etc. - there was no intent to do that. - Those were common problems & especially on long voyages & unavoidable. Unfortunate perhaps - but the sailing ship was opening up the world. ... Folks several hundred years from now will no doubt see us a HIGHLY primitive. - One constant never-ending conflict after another, constantly killing each other for highly questionable reasons.
Aurora Borealis - EVERYONE should see one at LEAST once in their life, mesmerizing.
Sounds like you may well have saved the old gentleman's life - probably did.

you can keep "The Change"
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 01 2014 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, MG. Appreciate the feedback!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 08 2014 :  8:49:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: Gallo Port[al] to Hell!

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 15 2014 :  1:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: All Available Male Staff ...

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - November 18 2014 :  08:55:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm sure you & the rest didn't get paid anywhere near enough. In those type of events why not "keep him surrounded" and call the cops??? - Cuban Missile Crisis - I was going to a tech school in Boston at the time, in my early 20's, & thought "we" were all on our way to Cuba, if everything didn't get blown half-way to the moon first.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - November 22 2014 :  2:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: The California Tomato Fields

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 02 2014 :  5:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I hear you Rich - sounds like the PO was a good decision. - Very briefly I drove a potato chip delivery van back in the late '50's - between the traffic, weather, inventory maintenance, book keeping & store owners I figured there HAD to be something better. - The thought of doing that for 40 years ... was a bit much. - I probably would have ended up with a better truck in time though - seniority system, new guys got the junk.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - December 08 2014 :  1:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: What is going on?

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - December 12 2014 :  3:48:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Letter to William B. Giles, 1825:

I see with the deepest affliction, the rapid strides with which the federal branch of our government is advancing towards the usurpation of all the rights reserved to the States, and the consolidation in itself of all powers, foreign and domestic; and that too, by constructions which, if legitimate, leave no limits to their power.
Jefferson, ...

Letter to John Cartwright, June 5, 1824:

Our Revolution presented us an album on which we were free to write what we pleased. Yet we did not avail ourselves of all the advantages of our position… [What we really needed was] to break up all cabals.

“Cabals,” FYI, equates to “political parties.” (George Washington and John Adams also bewailed them.)
Not to mention - IMO "term limits" for Congress are decades over-due ...

Dark Woods
Colonial Settler

Light House
USA

May 18 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 17 2014 :  10:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dark Woods's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have been off this site for a while. I am glad that it is still functioning.

Excellent points.

Government structural separations don't work well with cabals (political parties) over-ruling anything else.

We become what we think about.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 15 2015 :  1:41:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: The Booger Ball

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - January 16 2015 :  3:54:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
There was a place to wash up - right??? ...

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 28 2015 :  01:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
No, I just wiped my hands on my shirt .... no, kidding!!

Latest Post: ... Sons of Liberty

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - January 30 2015 :  10:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Spot on Rich - I tried to watch it, a couple of times in fact, about 10-15 minutes was all I could take. ... It was more like a novel made into a miniseries than an attempt at portraying things as they actually happened. There were a couple of good things in it though - the set/scenery etc. I thought was pretty good & they didn't portray everyone as being in their mid-60's to mid-70's.
"this show was produced, most definitely, with the young pop-culture audience in mind. There is so much that is historically inaccurate in this mini-series – and I’m not one to fret over a misplaced uniform button – that even the History Channel asks the viewer to check their web-site to learn what really happened. It was, in some ways, a fantasy. Historical fiction for sure."

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 15 2015 :  07:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My latest: The First Amendment

Peruse --- lots of stuff on various topics. Hope you enjoy!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - February 19 2015 :  11:16:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/18/lawsuit-fire-chief-terminated-because-christian-faith/?intcmp=latestnews
“Every American should be concerned about a government that thinks it can fire you because of what you believe,” ADF senior counsel Kevin Theriot said in a prepared statement.

One of the leaders in the campaign to fire Cochran was city Councilman Alex Wan.

“I respect each individual’s rights to have their own thoughts, beliefs, and opinions, but when you’re a city employee and those thoughts, beliefs and opinions are different from the city’s, you have to check them at the door,” Wan told the Atlanta Journal Constitution last November.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - February 28 2015 :  2:17:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My Latest: A Very Special Night

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 13 2015 :  12:22:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
The latest: A Dog, a Mower, and a Big Toe!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - May 17 2015 :  02:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well - as long as things worked out in the "long run" and you're not still hopping around, then it was a good ending. - Talking about lawnmowers & feet, a tough combo apparently - last year where I work part-time we had a rather bad accident. - The contract outfit that cuts the grass had one guy on one of those "stand/ride" along-behind machines. He was in a driveway (at the time) that has "speed bumps" - one REALLY bad combo for that type of machine. - In any case he decided to "back-up" over a speed bump - somehow things got away from him. - He went ass-over-tea kettle and his left foot ended up going into the spinning blade. It took all his toes off about 2"-3" above the "toe line", (the lower part of his foot) & he nearly bled to death ... Thankfully a number of people working their, including the guards, have First Aid training & got things under control in time ... Methinks he's still hopping around though ... ;)

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 06 2015 :  11:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My Latest: Who Done It?

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 09 2015 :  4:43:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Good story Rich ... Got another one from "back in Maine".- A guy I knew owned a small machine shop, had about 3-4 part-time employees. One day one of the guys got a decent cut on his hand - went to the local ER and had a few stitches. - The shop owner paid for the ER visit & told the guy to take a day or two off - with pay. - End of story - right??? ... Next thing the shop owner gets is a notice he's being sued for $10,000.00 - by "guess who?" ... Stitches himself ... Sooo, the shop owner contacted his lawyer, told him the story - the lawyer told him to pay up or "try and negotiate a settlement" - but don't go to court. - The reason being - the shop owner is going to been seen a someone "with a buck" - and there will be at least one or two characters on the jury wearing T-shirts with "Shit Happens" printed on them - and YOUR MONEY is in their hands. - I think they settled for around $8000.00.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 20 2015 :  11:07:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My Latest: Gatherings For the Ages!

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 23 2015 :  1:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Some really great memories I'm sure Rich - it is a great movie, and I'm more of a history buff than a movie buff. Having both Russell Means & Wes Studi there had to "enhance things" even further, two actors, that IMHO "made the movie" what it turned out to be.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - June 26 2015 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
My Latest: A Moment in Time At Crow Agency ...

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - June 30 2015 :  6:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Yeah - everyone has some "private memories" that are/were a special time & place.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Mohican Press Goes Facebook Topic Next Topic: Latest Edition of the Locations Guide Book Available!  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.41 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07