The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 12:20:08 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The GREAT MOHICAN GATHERINGS
 Gathering Gossip & Ganders [?]
 2006 Gathering Attendees???
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic: 2006---A Good Time Was Had by All ! Topic Next Topic: Last minute Gathering STUFF
Page: of 4

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 27 2005 :  11:22:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've got you down Patrick.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

report to moderator Go to Top of Page

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - October 30 2005 :  08:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
As I told Stephanie & Kay, I will probably be there - at least off & on - and will arrange for the movie in the theater.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like a little floundering is going on?!? Settle on a firm date & definite duration - SOON! These things can take awhile to cement. Particularly if you intend to have Wes Studi attend, you will need numbers. Numbers=Dollars.

To that end, if you need me to set up a Gathering page with sign-up info & forms, just let me know. I can do that most any weekend. Dates & duration, though ... and settle on itinerary. Ah ... decisions, decisions!

OK ... that was my not-asked-for advice!

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - October 30 2005 :  09:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
Thanks for the much-needed advice.
Yes we do need to nail down a schedule and I will start on a proposed schedule, present it to the board, and go from there.
I do have some very exciting lodging news. I spent all day Friday out scouting for lodging (didn't see any of that fall foliage though.) I *might* have found the perfect place. I'm supposed to call back on Monday to speak to the owner about a discount if we are able to rent the whole property. Again, we will need numbers! It is a pretty nice place but I don't want to reveal to much until I talk to the owner about $$. I have a good feeling about it, though. When I walked in and saw a copy of LOTM at the registration desk, that was a good sign!!
In the meantime, I will sketch out a proposed schedule and open it up for discussion. If anyone else wants to do the same, PLEASE feel free to. This is OUR Gathering and everyone is welcome to help in any way they can.
More later,
your scout,
Stephanie

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 01 2005 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Just a reminder that we need to know if you think that you might be able to make it to the Gathering next year. To get this thing underway, it would help out ALOT, if we knew about how many people might attend. Please reply to this post or you can send me a PM if you think that you might be there next year. Thanks!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Rainhair
Pathfinder

Alice
USA

February 21 2005

Posted - November 05 2005 :  3:29:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rainhair's Homepage  Send Rainhair an AOL message  Click to see Rainhair's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Drat, this seems so interesting and promising for a great time!
But like a lot of others here, I'm a student and traveling might pose as a difficulty.
I know I'm still a newbie, but I love LOTM! I don't know, I doubt I'll be able to come, but...who knows?

The leaves were long
The grass was green
The hemlock-umbels tall and fair
And in the glade a light was seen
Of stars and shadow shimmering

Phil
Pathfinder

USA

July 10 2002

Posted - November 05 2005 :  6:08:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi and long time since I have been on, but I would say that Karen and I will probably be there, still some issues to clear up, but it looks promising.

Phil

Yogi
Pathfinder

May 29 2002

Posted - November 05 2005 :  7:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Yogi & I will be there for at least part of it. I definitely won't miss the movie!

Pat

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 05 2005 :  9:31:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Phil,
I have you and Karen down on the list.

Pat,
Got ya down too.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Chris
Colonial Settler

Hawkeye II
USA

May 25 2002

Posted - November 05 2005 :  10:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I'm afraid I'm a "no." Still busy hacking our new home out of the Alaska wilderness.

Chris

Sunshine
Pathfinder

indian warrior 2
USA

July 26 2002

Posted - November 05 2005 :  11:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Sunshine a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Count me in. If we could see the waterfalls at Dupont Forest that would be great. Chimney Rock park would be cool to.

Oh guess I should introduce myself. My name is Geraldine Jones and I am a newbie. Have been to the area but never to a gathering.

Putting it on my calendar for 2006.

alicef
Lost in the Wilderness

Virgo
USA

September 03 2005

Posted - November 05 2005 :  11:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit alicef's Homepage  Send alicef an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I am new to this board and I would love to go to the gathering next June.

Alice

http://www.farozookeepersblog.com

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2005 :  07:59:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Geraldine and Alice,
I have your names down on the list. It will be great to meet y'all!!!

Chris,
Sorry that you can't make it. I would love to meet you. Maybe next Gathering???

Rainhair,
Maybe things will change and you will be able to come after all. You will really love it!!! If you find out that you can come, just let us know.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

tenn_jen
Lost in the Wilderness

Cora 3
USA

June 27 2004

Posted - November 06 2005 :  12:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Count me in, as well. Depending on dates, I should be able to attend at least a portion of the Gathering. I'll be coming in from Knoxville, TN. It'll be great to see everybody again!

Jenifer Huey

"Faith -- it's an uncertain world entirely!" -- Peter Blood in "Captain Blood"

Tim Massey
Lost in the Wilderness

May 29 2005

Posted - November 06 2005 :  12:50:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I will put it on my calendar and plan accordingly!

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 06 2005 :  8:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Jennifer,
If nothing changes, then the dates should be June 16-19. I will put you down on the list.

Tim,
I've got your name down too. Hope to see you there.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

rraffanti
Pathfinder

USA

December 11 2004

Posted - November 07 2005 :  03:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Count me in!!! I am really looking forward to this one, since I was not aware of all the other gatherings, because I didn't know about this wonderful site.

Rita T. Raffanti

Wanderlust
Lost in the Wilderness

Alice
USA

April 06 2005

Posted - November 08 2005 :  2:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Wanderlust a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I have only been on this board a few times, but I am a huge LOTM fan!!! So whenever the gathering is, you can count me in. Also, I live in Asheville, NC so I am willing to help in any way that I can. Just let me know.

~Rain

"Peace, Love, and Bulletproof Marshmallows"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 08 2005 :  6:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rita and Rain,
I have y'all down on the list. It will be great to meet y'all!!!

Love,
kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Kate
Ariel's Cabin Caretaker, Retired

United Kingdom

June 10 2002

Posted - November 12 2005 :  11:25:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Much as I would LOVE to attend the 6th Annual Great Mohican Gathering, I'm afraid I no can do. It just isn't viable to fly from Scotland for just three days...

I sure will miss seeing all my friends!!!!

Booo hoooo,
Kate

Kate

"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thainig thu." (Remember the people from whom you came.)

~ Celtic Wisdom

kgwhitney
Pathfinder

USA

July 26 2002

Posted - November 13 2005 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hello to all fellow Mohican Gatherers,
Just wanted to let you all know that we just can't say at this time if we will be able to come. Hopefully you all know that we would love to be there. We think of you all so often, such fond memories. Hope you are all well as we are. We will definitely be keeping our eyes on the info and we will be there if we can. Take care, the Whitney's

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 14 2005 :  12:00:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Kate,
Just because the actual Gathering will be a little shorter doesn't mean that you can't stretch your vacation out a little more. It will actually be four days, so that is a little better. I know that you travel so far and it is more expensive for you to come to the Gatherings than it is for the rest of us, but I sure do hope that you change your mind and come to the 2006 Gathering!!! You will be missed if you aren't there!!!

Kathy,
I will add your family to the list and if you see that y'all can't come, then we can always take your names off, but I sure do hope that you, Mark, Nathan, and David will be able to join us next year!!! Like Kate, you will be dearly missed if y'all aren't there!!!

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

pala
Pathfinder

AI
USA

November 14 2003

Posted - November 18 2005 :  12:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
put me down for the gathering, I would really like to go this year, you can email me at pchappelle2005@aol.com for my info, if you need it! Yea! 2006 gathering!

"I saw nothing that would lead me to the conclusion that it was other than a raid by savages bent on thievery." --Major Heyward

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 18 2005 :  6:07:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
I've got you down Pala. It will be great to meet you!!! You will have alot of fun and meet alot of nice people at the Gathering. See ya then.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Stan
Pathfinder

Bald Eagle
USA

May 19 2002

Posted - November 20 2005 :  9:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey Kaylynn44, any word from Lady Ann,Mark and Cheri? Hey Steph.Stan

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - November 21 2005 :  2:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi Stan,
I haven't heard from Ann yet, so I don't know if she will be at the 2006 Gathering or not, and the last that I heard, Marc and Cherie wouldn't be able to make it next year either.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: 2006---A Good Time Was Had by All ! Topic Next Topic: Last minute Gathering STUFF  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.36 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07