The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/18/2024 10:53:42 PM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Around the Corn Crib ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Shouting About Gatherings, Bracelets, Washington, and ... a SHOUT BOX! Topic Next Topic: Rebellion in the Lions Den!  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 07 2006 :  08:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well now, let's see ... what IS going on around in these parts ... otherwise known as Mohicanland?!?

Web Site-wise, not too much ... minor alterations here & there.

Ah! But, the Mohican Gathering! Thanks particularly to the efforts of one blue little Smurf, the torch has been successfully passed [Thank God!] ... things are shaping up! Not being part of the process, I'm not even sure exactly when the sign-up deadline is, but I'm thinking it's right about ... NOW!?! So, do it ... NOW! 2006 Great Mohican Gathering! I sent out a mass mailing to this effect yesterday, but since AOL [and some other domains] consider that undeliverable bulk business mail [and don't deliver!] many of you never receive that stuff. Internet security! Perhaps it's going too far! Well, that's another topic ... The Gathering has a couple of recently added new touches ...
  1. Geri Gerard - a seamstress during the production -will be on hand to tell her tales & share photos. I've seen some ... good stuff!
  2. A tour of Blue Ridge Motion Pictures has been organized for a mere $5 per head. This is a brand new Gathering event & is the locale of the one true indoor studio set found in the movie ... Under the Falls ... you know, "I WILL find you!"

Steph, Kay, Diana ... EXCELLENT JOB! I hope folks are taking advantage of the opportunity. For your info, the Gathering page was ranked second among all page views yesterday ... trailing only the site's home page!

Let's see ... no real interesting E-mail of the week type stuff ... unless you want to count: Dear Sir. I will ask You how manny Mohicans are this moment in the U.S.A? Can You send Me a photo of a famely? I love all the Mohicans. I will greating You all. Love. Dick.

OH! The New World is scheduled for DVD release on May 9th ... this upcoming Tuesday. The film, of course, stars Mr. Wes Studi. If you are going to be purchasing a copy, it would be greatly appreciated if you do so through our link on the Mohican Press Bookstore!

And, a new book release of interest to many of you:

The Magnum Opus is now with the printers and signed copies will be available at the Fort Ticonderoga SYW College book launch 20/21 May 2006 where I'll be lecturing on the arrival of the Black Watch in North America (250th Anniversary!). I attach the covers (front and rear) to use as you see fit. Purple Mountain Press who did Tim Todish and Todd Harburn's latest book "A Most troublesome Situation" has price and ordering details here for all interested "living historians", especially all Sons (and Lassies) of the Mountains:

http://www.catskill.net/purple/sons.htm
Slainte bha
Ian Macpherson McCulloch
Lt Colonel, The Black Watch (RHR) of Canada
VOLUME ONE: 392 pages, illustrated, 8.5 x 11, $29.00, paper, 2006
VOLUME TWO: 208 pages, illustrated, 8.5 x 11, $19.00, paper, 2006

Alas, no covers ... as they were sent to me as PDF files, rather than images ... and are too large to post here. Check out the web site!

And that is all that comes to my wee-little-mind at this time, so ...

Happy Trails!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 08 2006 :  7:47:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Rich,
Thanks for the support! All we are doing is following in a path already set by you, and much of this wouldn't have come together without your help and support. Thanks for answering my almost-daily email questions with patience and kindness!
I have seen the t-shirt design and WOW you won't believe what Sharon has in store for us. Order forms for t-shirts will be available soon. There is something new and different offered this time; I think you'll like it!
Stay tuned!
Stephanie
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 08 2006 :  9:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
What a warm little goodie to wake up to yesterday Rich! I had knee surgery Thursday before last and had over done it by wearing heels to a Derby party Saturday night for Cecelia's birthday...well that AND many many jello shots later - my knee was a little on the overdone side (i.e. "swolled up"). So while I was not feeling so good - it was cool to get a smoke signal from our favorite Sachem! Just makes the coffee taste better for some reason!

AND YIPPEE YO and HOOTY WHO on the T-Shirt news, Steph! Sharon always does such an AWESOME job on those! Can't wait to see 'em!

GG

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 09 2006 :  07:28:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
High heels? Derby party? Cecelia's birthday and jello shots? I don't know how swollen your knee got but it sounds like it was worth it! I hope you are feeling better, GG. Take care of that knee so you aren't sore during the Gathering. Perhaps this year's Gathering Gadget is an ace bandage? :-(
Take care!
Steph
  Previous Topic: Shouting About Gatherings, Bracelets, Washington, and ... a SHOUT BOX! Topic Next Topic: Rebellion in the Lions Den!  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.3 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07