The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
5/6/2024 7:05:20 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MOHICAN BOARD COURIER
 The Weekly Update ... !
 Shouting About Gatherings, Bracelets, Washington, and ... a SHOUT BOX!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic

Author Previous Topic: Is he ... or, isnt he ... Topic Next Topic: Around the Corn Crib ...  

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - May 21 2006 :  08:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, all!

This is a message from Steph, delivered to all who have expressed an interest in this year's Great Mohican Gathering, but I thought that maybe all of you should read it, just in case you are a last-minute type of guy or gal!

Hi all! Getting close to June; I hope you've sent in your registration by now. Registration for the Nolichucky is closed effective immediately... no more add-ons. The other events are more flexible, so if you're a procrastinator and still want to join us, let me know!

A couple of housekeeping items...

T-shirts are now available for ordering for Gathering attendees only. Thanks to Sharon Hurley for designing and organizing the ordering of our t-shirts once again. Orders must be received by June 10... order yours here: 2006 GATHERING T-SHIRT ORDER FORM. You can view this year's designs here: 2006 GREAT MOHICAN GATHERING

NEW! After much discussion among this year's Gathering planners, it has been decided to view the Director's Cut DVD at the theater. Several factors went into this decision. Some of you know that the reel we have rented in the past is becoming pretty fragile and is showing definite signs of wear and tear. With the smaller group this year, it was also more financially reasonable to go with the DVD. We have seen the extended final scene on the big screen in 2004, but it will be great to see the other additional scenes on the big screen for the first time. Also, Nancy M. (Dances With Beagles) has a humorous treat for us before the movie!

Kay has done an excellent job organizing Ariel's Auction, which raises money to help a young girl with medical expenses, as well as the raffles which raise funds for Gathering expenses not covered in registration fees. We try to keep the registration cost as low as possible but unforeseen expenses always arise... therefore we depend on the raffles to raise that extra money. It's also a lot of fun! Kay is making bracelets for the raffles but you may also purchase one directly from her and she is donating the entire purchase price ($5) to the Gathering fund. In 2004, Kay made a necklace for me and I wear it almost every day so believe me you will get your money's worth out of this jewelry! View her special creations here: Bracelets for sale:-) There are plenty of other raffle items as well: LOTM Keychains, an LOTM hidden safe book, a set of Bill Miller notecards, and another LOTM comic book (not the same one in Ariel's Auction).

We have one female Gatherer who is looking for a roommate, if you are interested, let me know and I'll put you in touch with her.
I believe that's all for now! I'll see you in just a few short weeks!
Stephanie

I do believe the Smurf is getting this thing nailed! Great job, Steph!

[PS to Kay -- Why no Cora bracelets???? ]

There is a new feature on the board, called a Shout Box. Basically, it is a community Instant Messenger. Use it as you see fit. It appears on the main board page, but you can only use it if logged in.

Don't forget, Washington the Warrior! airs on Memorial Day. That thread will be updated momentarily.

And that's that! Enjoy your morning coffee!

Rich
Mohican Press
report to moderator

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2006 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks, Rich! Usually I post the message to the group on the board, then send out an email with a link. Oh well, it was late when I sent that, and after I hit "send" I realized I hadn't put it on the message board. So, thanks for keeping me straight!
LOL about no Cora bracelets. I have a feeling Kay will be glad to make one special, just for you! HEY why no Duncan bracelets?! LOL

Steph
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Stephanie
Gathering Sachemess

Hiking Smurf Avatar
USA

June 23 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2006 :  08:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops I almost forgot... we still need car flags! Anyone up for volunteering for this? Car flags help out SO much when caravaning from site to site. Let me know if you can help!
Steph

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2006 :  11:44:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply

As Steph said, there will probably be at least one Cora bracelet.

HEY why no Duncan bracelets?! LOL

Believe it or not, there will even be a couple of Duncan bracelets, but there will be more Uncas, Hawkeye, and Magua bracelets, and lots of LOTM and I LOTM bracelets.

So, if y'all haven't ordered one, just PM me or email me at Kaylynn44@yahoo.com.

Thanks to everybody that has already ordered some bracelets. They will be in the mail to you first thing in the morning, except for Steph and Patrick, because y'all will be picking yours up at the Gathering.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end
As long as goodness exists
Winds shall always soothe

www.cloudsbooks.com

Dances with Beagles
Colonial Settler

USA

May 19 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2006 :  9:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kaylynn44

HEY why no Duncan bracelets?! LOL

Hey, I noticed that too, not to mention, there are no "Dead Body on the Burial Platform" bracelets, either!

DWB

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - May 21 2006 :  10:03:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And no Soldier #2 braclets? For shame!

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 21 2006 :  11:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hey, I noticed that too, not to mention, there are no "Dead Body on the Burial Platform" bracelets, either!

Hey Nancy, I sent you an email. I guess that I will have to make a special bracelet just for you, but I just don't think that I can fit it all on there, so I will just have to shorten it to "Dead Body."
You will wear it if I make it for you, won't you????????

And no Soldier #2 braclets? For shame!

Fitz, I am ashamed of myself for forgetting Soldier #2. I will fix that though!!! Thanks for keeping me straight.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Kaylynn44
Mohicanite

Sunset
USA

July 13 2002

Donating Member

Posted - May 22 2006 :  06:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaylynn44's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Oops I almost forgot... we still need car flags! Anyone up for volunteering for this? Car flags help out SO much when caravaning from site to site. Let me know if you can help!

Steph,
I can volunteer the car flagpoles if somebody can actually make the flags. I'm ashamed to admit that I don't sew.

Love,
Kay

~ An Infinite Zephyr~
Some things never end

www.cloudsbooks.com

Previous Topic: Is he ... or, isnt he ... Topic Next Topic: Around the Corn Crib ...  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07