The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!]
4/29/2024 9:31:23 AM
On the Trail...Home | Old Mohican Board Archives | Purpose
Events | Polls | Photos | Classifieds | Downloads
Profile | Register | Members | Private Messages
Search | Posting Tips | FAQ | Web Links | Mohican Chat | Blogs
Forum Bookmarks | Unanswered Posts | Preview Topic Photos | Active Topics
Invite a Friend to the Mohican Board | Guestbook | Greeting Cards | Auction (0) | Colonial Recipe Book
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 LAST OF THE MOHICANS
 The LOTM Locations
 On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Previous Page

Author Previous Topic: The Authors Expanded Edition of On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans! Topic Next Topic: I visted the cliff trail in Sept 2011
Page: of 3

8mileshady69
Lost in the Wilderness

Bumppo's Patron since [at least]:
November 29 2003

Posted - December 01 2003 :  5:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit 8mileshady69's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thanks Joyce
It's really odd seeing all these old stories and pics from Rick and Chris and others. The weird thing is someone posted about losing a camera on here and I clearly remember the films producer HUNT LOWERY walking around asking about it while we were shooting on CHIMNEY ROCK.

The film was quite an adventure. And yes Chris we did do that makeup 2 times, and one was on a moving bus insane. BTW Rick, Connie Cox and I have been in touch over the years on and off remember her? Any way thanks for welcoming me look forward to being a regular here on the site. And as soon as I can figure a way of posting those pics of everything Mohican that I have that I know the fans of this website would flip for. Joyce maybe you can tell me how. Maybe I can email you the pics to you and then you can post them on here.

Best, Vincent
report to moderator Go to Top of Page

Wilderness Woman
Watcher of the Wood

Young George Washington
USA

November 27 2002

Donating Member

Posted - December 01 2003 :  10:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by 8mileshady69

And as soon as I can figure a way of posting those pics of everything Mohican that I have that I know the fans of this website would flip for.

Vincent, you should contact Sachem Richfed (the site owner) about the pics, if he hasn't already contacted you. He will work out with you the best way for you to accomplish this.

CapeCodGirl
Pathfinder

USA

March 13 2004

Posted - March 14 2004 :  11:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thankyou for sharing those pictures, Ed. Wow, that must have been awesome working with all of those actors. Maybe some day I can attend one of those gatherings and have the chance to meet some famous people. Also, the cool fans that hang out here.

Christopher Johnson
Lost in the Wilderness

November 09 2003

Posted - March 19 2004 :  7:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christopher Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Wow, great to see Vincent (Guastini) signed up on the site. I enjoy checking in and following where everybody has gone over the years. Later,

Chris

Sarah B.
Lost in the Wilderness

April 08 2004

Posted - April 08 2004 :  6:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi! I am brand-new to this forum...just discovered it and I am sooooo excited as I love LOTM! In fact, my husband and I are traveling to near Chimney Rock next week! I so wish I had found this site earlier!

Question...does anyone have a copy of the sold-out version of the book, On the Trail of The Last of The Mohicans? If so, please email me...I would greatly appreciate it!

I am excited about this forum, and look forward to new "friendships" here...though I tend to be cautious as I have had several negative experiences online.

BTW...I am a 47 y/o married female from the Midwest. When I was a little girl...like in 5th and 6th grade, my hero was Daniel Boone, and I pretended to be a relative of his...though I am not sure if "Sarah" was a real person, but I thought the name was quite old-fashioned (duhhhhhhhh yes) and that is why I chose this screenname.

Bookworm
Colonial Militia

USA

February 10 2004

Donating Member

Posted - April 09 2004 :  09:48:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Welcome to Mohicanland, Sarah B.! I'm a very recent arrival myself, and I know how you feel about wishing you had found this site earlier. I'm still catching up with all the posts. But at least we're here! And "Sarah" is an excellent choice, as it was Daniel Boone's mother's name.

Jo
Sweetser 4 Rep

May 27 2002

Posted - April 09 2004 :  11:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Very, Very late indeed, but I've been amazed and pleased with the pictures, thanks to ALL concerned. And welcome, Sarah B. In a long line of posters; we have had a Sarah M. and Sarah Z.! A good name indeed!

Jo
Yes, more than one Jo also!

Sarah B.
Lost in the Wilderness

April 08 2004

Posted - April 18 2004 :  10:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Hi!
My husband and I just returned from our trek to the western Smokies, and Chimney Rock Park. Man, I had goosebumps walking the Cliff Trail...I was so giddy with excitement!

Could someone tell me if all the wooden walkways are fairly new, as they seemed to be...
Also, I am a wee bit confused about the "romantic moment" of Hawkeye and Cora at Inspiration Point...where is that in the movie?

Please forgive my ignorance as I am just now learning about everything and reading much of this website for the first time. I can see that I am going to have to obtain my own copy (though black and white) of what appears to be a wonderful book about LOTM as soon as I can!

Thanks to all for the welcome greetings!
Sarah B.

Sarah B.
Lost in the Wilderness

April 08 2004

Posted - April 18 2004 :  11:02:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
CORRECTION!

I realized that I said the "western" side of the Smoky Mtns...
duhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me...must have had my compass turned wrong...
of course, it was the Eastern side.

Sarah B.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - April 19 2004 :  06:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Those railings - removed, obviously, during filming - are newer replacements of the originals.

The "romantic moment" [cut from the DVD version] appears right after Magua's head hits the ground after his bashing by Chingachgook.

Sarah B.
Lost in the Wilderness

April 08 2004

Posted - April 19 2004 :  10:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Thank you for the information! My VHS copy "moved" when our son moved out of state! Thus, with the DVD, no wonder it wasnt as familiar to me.

Pigeye
Lost in the Wilderness

Finland

August 24 2004

Posted - August 24 2004 :  10:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pigeye's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Do you have any idea where I can find out if the tattoos are historically correct? Do you know? That would be very important to know before getting some period tattoos.

autuaita ovat persaukiset, sillä heillä ei ole varaa tehdä syntiä.

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - September 26 2010 :  10:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Federici's Last Stand ... OTTOTLOTM's 2010 minor revision ...

If you've never bought a copy, now would be a good time. ...Author's Expanded Edition

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - September 28 2010 :  6:01:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Well, what do you know! I ordered a copy Sunday and got it today. Shows you what USPS can do when somebody has connections.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

richfed
Sachem

King 1
USA

May 13 2002

Administrator

Posted - January 02 2012 :  4:30:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage  Click to see richfed's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Book is officially sold-out. Maybe, I'll do yet another revision, maybe.

Fitzhugh Williams
Mohicanland Statesman

July 17 2005

Posted - January 02 2012 :  5:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
How about a "Then and Now" theme? These sites have changed so much just since I have been going to them. Some you would barely recognize. Some are gone altogether.

"Les deux pieds contre la muraille et la tete sous le robinet"

Dave T
Pathfinder

August 11 2010

Posted - January 04 2012 :  8:05:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
And. . . . how about a 2012 Mohican Gathering to take it all in ?!!?
While I realize I'm jumping topics here, what better way to mark the 20th anniversary of the release of the movie (Fitz you may recall we discussed this at Crown Point this past August (I'm was with Terry's Co. of New York Provincials)).
BTW, I caught the blu-ray version of LOTM on IFC this past Monday night - what better way to start the year!
Things were sure 'brightened up' but I do miss Cameron's Cabin and Heyward's Diversion. . .

Gadget Girl
Gatherer of Gathering Gadgets

Winking Lady
USA

May 17 2002

Donating Member

Posted - January 10 2012 :  2:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Gadget Girl an AOL message  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Even though no official gathering is planned, there may be a 2nd Unofficial Gathering - of at least ONE. I plan on being in the area mid-June to do some hiking at my favorite LOTM locations.

If June passes and I don't go,
It might ripe a hole
In the fabric of my soul!
The mountains have been calling...and I must go!

GG

Monadnock Guide
Council of Elders

USA

March 14 2005

Posted - January 10 2012 :  3:17:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Copy this URL to Link to this Reply
Be sure and take a few pics GG, ...

you can keep "The Change"
Page: of 3 Previous Topic: The Authors Expanded Edition of On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans! Topic Next Topic: I visted the cliff trail in Sept 2011  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
| More
Bookmark this Topic BookMark Topic
Jump To:

Around The Site:
~ What's New? ~
Pathfinding | Mohican Gatherings | Mohican Musings | LOTM Script | History | Musical Musings | Storefronts on the Frontier
Off the Beaten Trail | Links
Of Special Interest:
The Eric Schweig Gallery | From the Ramparts | The Listening Room | Against All Odds | The Video Clips Index

DISCLAIMER
Tune, 40, used by permission - composed by Ron Clarke

Custom Search

The Mohican Board! [Bumppo's Redux!] © 1997-2024 - Mohican Press Go To Top Of Page
Current Mohicanland page raised in 0.27 seconds Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07